So much goodness at once + delish breakfast burrito!

JuneMonsoon
JuneMonsoon Posts: 2
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hello All,

I have been a member of Myfitnesspal for about 3 months but only learned about the website and all of it's potential today - tonight, just before I should be going to bed.
I have been trying to quit smoking for a while. I have been trying to get on an exercise routine and I have been trying to finish the bathroom project that I started years ago (I know, serious procrastination, huh?). It has all seem to come together though. Some weeks ago I returned to the gym, I haven't smoked since before the new year and today the bathroom walls were texturized.
Too many goals at once can be daunting, but I really would like to add a 5k to the list. I am not a runner but I love it even if it kills me! So, I do interval running right now and hope I make improvements that will allow for longer intervals until...ta-da! 5k. That's not too far...

I would like to meet others in the area (from Seattle to Portland) that would like to get together for hikes, bike rides and other outdoor adventures. I would also love to talk to anyone in the community about goals, wellness and to exchange recipes.

Here is the awesome breakfast I had this morning, served as an omelette (less that 150 Calories) or a breakfast burrito (about 250 Calories)

1/2 Turkey Sausage Link (about 60 calories)
1/4 Egg Beaters (30 Calories)
1/2 Medium Tomato (15 Calories)
1 Wedge Laughing Cow Fresco & Chipotle Cheese (35 Calories)
3 Tbs. Diced Onion
Diced Garlic and Jalapeno (your desired spiceiness)
Red or Green Taco Sauce or your favorite salsa
1 Flour Tortilla (Fajita Size is 110 Calories)

Cook 1 link sausage. Dice (and store half for tomorrow - or give it to your dogs! They'll love you!). Saute onions, add Egg Beaters and scramble. As Eggs finish cooking add sausage, garlic, jalapenos and tomato. In a separate pan, gently warm the tortilla (if using). Spread cheese wedge onto tortilla and add scramble mix. Put some taco sauce on it and yum yum.

Dinner is usually my problem. I like me a good dinner. :) Need some good dinner recipes. My boyfriend has told me that before I came along, he thought salad was ridiculous. I can make a mean salad and will happily share the secrets...

Talk soon!

Summer

Replies

This discussion has been closed.