Memorial Day Weekend Success???

Options
Well guys, this past week has been a tough one for me. I previously posted that I was having a hard time resisting my cravings....I realized that it was most definitely because I was PMSing (I'm due today :grumble: ) This weekend I went camping....I let myself go. I had hotdogs and hamburgers, grilled BBQ chicken, some chips, some smores, and LOTS of beer. That was mainly my weekend. Although, in tandem, I climbed lots of hills and did lots of walking. I climbed on the scale this morning and held my breath....I was so scared and preparing myself for the worst (to gain back all 11 lbs that I've lost in 3 weeks is highly unlikely, but that's what I was thinking). I stepped on and I stayed the same as I was last week. I hate not to see my little countdown move, but I was so relieved to see that I managed to stay the same weight. Next Monday will be good for me....I hope to lose at least 2 or 3 lbs. I jumped right back on this morning....in fact I couldn't wait to start being healthy again!!

Here's to climbing back on the wagon!!!!

Replies

• rachieb1013
    rachieb1013 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well guys, this past week has been a tough one for me. I previously posted that I was having a hard time resisting my cravings....I realized that it was most definitely because I was PMSing (I'm due today :grumble: ) This weekend I went camping....I let myself go. I had hotdogs and hamburgers, grilled BBQ chicken, some chips, some smores, and LOTS of beer. That was mainly my weekend. Although, in tandem, I climbed lots of hills and did lots of walking. I climbed on the scale this morning and held my breath....I was so scared and preparing myself for the worst (to gain back all 11 lbs that I've lost in 3 weeks is highly unlikely, but that's what I was thinking). I stepped on and I stayed the same as I was last week. I hate not to see my little countdown move, but I was so relieved to see that I managed to stay the same weight. Next Monday will be good for me....I hope to lose at least 2 or 3 lbs. I jumped right back on this morning....in fact I couldn't wait to start being healthy again!!

Here's to climbing back on the wagon!!!!
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Me too. I went with my son to Destination Imagination finals in Knoville, TN. I ate pretty well the first couple of days and we walked everywhere. My son had his birthday while we were there so I loosened up a little for that. Then the unexpected happened! The kids placed 3rd out of 73 teams, we were up til Midnight in the after party with pop, pizza etc. Got back late yesterday. Scale showed 1.5 pound increase. Not nearly as bad as I feared plus some is probably water weight with all the salty foods.

Back on the wagon with you!
  • mrsksanchez
    mrsksanchez Posts: 64
    Options
    i'm climbing back on too hope 4th of july weekend goes better for us
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    aw well I'm w/ you guys!

only my scale is broken so...boo hoo for me!:frown: I did measure myself and stayed the same...I feel like I had way to much salt though over the long weekend and vaca prior...so I'm into flushing out the sodium this week and hope when I do go buy a scale on Friday I'll be pleasantly surprised...and not horribly depressed :noway:

here's to keep on keepin on!

hugs!
    ali
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Not incredibly successfull, didn't get to exercise, and that cherry berry pie I made was so delicious, but 400 cals a slice. And YES, I ate one.