Most weight you can lose in a month

Options
whats the most weight you've lost in a month whats a safe amount to lose in a month?? kinda looking at what i can expect to lose in one month 20 pounds maybe?

Replies

• saj9291113
    Options
    whats the most weight you've lost in a month whats a safe amount to lose in a month?? kinda looking at what i can expect to lose in one month 20 pounds maybe?

20 a month could be done. Very hard and most doctors will tell you it is not recommended. The problem is if you would do that then most likely you would put most if not all back once you got off this system. 2 lbs a week is the highest you should lose.

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    20 lbs is very do-able, especially if you're a "beginner" so to speak. When you go from inactivity and poor dieting to activity every day and cutting back on cals significantly(restricting your diet to whole, fresh foods especially), you can expect to see a big drop in that first month. My first month I think I lost about 15-20, but back then I wasn't super committed.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    there really is no cookie cutter answer. it depends on lots of factors, sex, age, size, fitness level. Most I ever lost in 1 month was 33 lbs. and that was when I first started back in Dec. '09.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Looking at how much you have to lose, I'd shoot for 10 your first month. 2 pounds a week in fat is the most you should be losing, and you'll probably drop some water weight as well since you're just beginning.
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how much your weight is at the minute if you have alot to lose it probably is possible if you only have a bit to lose i doubt it would be healthy x
  • FK1983
    FK1983 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    20 lbs is very do-able, especially if you're a "beginner" so to speak. When you go from inactivity and poor dieting to activity every day and cutting back on cals significantly(restricting your diet to whole, fresh foods especially), you can expect to see a big drop in that first month. My first month I think I lost about 15-20, but back then I wasn't super committed.
    ^This, the "early days" is when you see the biggest loss, Think I lost about 20 lbs in my first month but slows down the more you lose, these days its more like 2 lbs a week if I'm lucky!
  • YasminR
    YasminR Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i want to lose a stone each month and have lost a respectable 2lbs in my first week - not bad as i have done very little exercise (just a few walks by the sea near my home). Aiming for 3-4lbs per week - is this reasonable or am i hoping for too much? is age a factor too - I'm 44?:flowerforyou:
  • saj9291113
    Options
    Yasmin, Yes age is a factor. Our metabolism slows down when we age.