Water Intake?

ErinShannon
ErinShannon Posts: 158 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Good morning all,

Just wondering do you count tea or water flavored with those sugar free packets towards your daily water count? Or is it strictly just water?

Thanks much,
Erin

Replies

• MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Interesting question. I only count my water. Others????
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    i never thought about it like that i too would like to know the answer to this.
  • staceystaines
    staceystaines Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Erin

i count diluted juice within my water intake, and mainly use sugarfree juice, and id assume you can use the same for tea.

great weight loss by the way, your doing great!

good luck
    stacey
  • I count them as water. :smile:
  • xslbs
    xslbs Posts: 3
    I would personally count anything apart from drinks with caffeine in them, although I've heard some doctors say that it's fine to count caffeinated drinks as the diuretic (is that spelled right?) effects are quite low in reality. I suppose everybody has a different system though :D
  • emmaldownie
    emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
    I've never drank any water! In fact I've never drank alot (unless its wine), so when I started my weight loss journey water was the first thing I had to correct! I drink slightly sparkling flavoured water, its 16 calories per litre, and it has no added sugar. So Im thinking this is better than nothing! I also count herbal tea :D
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Tea maybe if it is decaf. Flavored mix ins NO! artifical sweetners ect
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    For me, I personally on count plain water.....but that's just me.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Water is water and that is all that should be counted.
  • personally, I count it as water!
  • ErinShannon
    ErinShannon Posts: 158 Member
    Thanks - I've just been counting straight up water but I keep seeing such varied information depending on what site you are on or what doctor I talk to, so I was just wondering what others are doing.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    I only count water and plain carbonated water, not tea or coffee.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    I would personally count anything apart from drinks with caffeine in them, although I've heard some doctors say that it's fine to count caffeinated drinks as the diuretic (is that spelled right?) effects are quite low in reality. I suppose everybody has a different system though :D

I only count water I drink - that would include water with a flavor packet. I never counted coffee - I've heard both sides on that too.
This discussion has been closed.