Anyone losing weight to get pregnant?

MrsSmith2010
MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey all,

I recently got married last December and it's been a lifelong dream of mine and my husband's to have a family. My doctor says I'm scary healthy for being so overweight, but I want to be as healthy as possible to stay away from possible risks like preclampsia and gestational diabetes. I weighed 326 a week ago and I'm down to 321.6 now.

I'm wondering if anyone else is trying to lose weight before getting pregnant, I'd really like a support friend. Ideally, someone with as much or close to the same amount of weight I need to lose. I'm first trying to get below 300, then 250, then eventually 200.

As much as I'd like a MFP contact, I'd also like stories of any women who've done this succesfully, please tell me your story. I'm supposed to be a mom. I know that's why I'm here, it's really the only thing I've ever wanted and I've waited until the right man came along to do it. Now I'm doing it the right way by trying to get healthy for our children. Any support would be greatfully appreciated :)

Replies

• modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    I don't have quite as much weight to lose, but when I first started I need to drop about 60 pounds. I'm losing weight for my overall health and definitely so I can have a healthy baby. We're looking to start getting pregnant in about a year.

Please feel free to friend me!
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    I think there is a thread out there. Maybe try searching for TTC (trying to conceive).
  • kayze20
    kayze20 Posts: 21
    hey there im 263lbs lol and losing weight to have baby no2 ive lost 8lbs since xmas .
    i also so have pcos so its even harder but a 15% loss should help so you can do it hun good luck xx
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    My husband and I want to try to get pregnant in about 4 years....I know that is a was away but I had about 150lbs to lose before I would feel ready. Plus by then I will be out of nursing school and working so we would actually have money! I started out at 270 down to 244 so I still have quite a bit left to lose. Plus the extra year or so will give me time to learn how to stay my ideal weight of 140....add me if you would like!
  • My husband and I tried to have a baby for years. We adopted our daughter in 05. In the next 2 years I lost 30lbs. I got pg April of 07. I think weight loss and exercise had alot to do with it. Plus you will feel better. Best of luck! It will happen!
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Thanks everyone! I hope to get to know you all really well :) I'm extra motivated today!!
  • Anataz
    Anataz Posts: 13
    I'm on that wagon too. I have been trying for about 6 months now with no luck. I am also pretty healthy considering my weight. Besides improving my health, getting pregnant is a huge weight loss motivation for me!

We gotta be positive and keep working at it =)
  • I am losing weight to get pregnant with my second child....we struggled for 2 years before I went and lost 30 lbs and then bahm i was pregnant with my DS who is now 19 months old. We started talking about trying for another and it hit me that I'm only 20 lbs away from my pregnancy weight EEK! So needless to say for a variety of reasons, and so that my baby can be healthier and have a healthier mommy (and that I will have 2 kids to run after) I'm really trying to lose as much as possible before I get pregnant again.

I get lots of funny looks when I tell people i'm trying to lose weight before i get pregnant...b/c they are like "you are just going to gain it back"....yes but if i start at 150 + 35 = 185 ..... 190 + 35 = 225.....seems simple to me

feel free to friend me too!
This discussion has been closed.