for the first time in years...

Options
So I realized when I started exercising in August 2010 that I was extremely out of shape. Every since I was 5 years old, I played softball until about 3-4 years ago when I had my son. It's hard to play softball and make sure I have a babysitter to watch him and also have time to bring him to the field to watch me play.

So back to my point, I have a friend that got a gym membership that allows her to bring a friend for free. Well, I'm that friend. So I got on the elliptical for 20mins and managed a mile! Then aside from breaking to work on my back and chest and arm muscles, I got on the treadmill. Ok, so I put a number in my head of walking at 3.5 mph for 20mins. Well, 5 minutes into the walking, I wasn't feeling it. So I decided...okay, reese, you are gonna run! Well out of the 20 mins and 1.15miles...I ran 8-9 minutes of it at 5.5mph for the first time in years without having to work hard to catch my breath!

:) Just thought I would share!

Replies

• AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congratulations! Sometimes those types of successes are what keep us going, like in my case where I couldn't get the scale to move in weeks.

SO happy for ya!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • slimyfishy
    slimyfishy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC JOB! I was the nice, fat girl in high school (over 200lbs as a senior). Since having my son (now 14yo), I've run 5 halves and 3 full marathons. Sure, I'm 177lbs, but I AM MOVING! I tell folks all the time: "It isn't how fast you are going. It is that you are moving!" Way to go! Keep this up, and you will be to goal before you know it. :D

Shan
    Training for her 2nd WDW Goofy Races in 2012
  • brownsugar84
    brownsugar84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • fitmom125
    Options
    Nice story, It takes time to find what works for you. For me its the treadmill. Thanks for sharing.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! The best part is that even though you weren't feeling it you still pushed yourself.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    great job!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!