Hello from FL!

Options
Hey everyone! I wanted to post an intro as well to be polite, and to share a bit too. I am the proud mom of a horse, 2 dogs, and 1 cat. I've been married now for almost 3 years, and we love to go to Jamaica, St. Lucia, etc (so lots of bathing suits). Right now I am battling a herniated disc in my neck, hypothyroidism, and possible fibromyalgia or MS or something they decide on. I have a brain MRI coming up soon that will hopefully shed some light!

I'm trying to lose 20 lbs, which may not seem like a lot, but I do have a petite frame, and am only 5'3". It is a LOT of weight on me, and I feel even worse, on top of everything else. All I am allowed to do is walk at this point, so that is my exercise. At least I get to bring my dogs along and make it fun for them too!

Here is a pic of my favorite thing in the world to do, and where I feel most at home (that is a 3' oxer, if anyone cares...he's still green).

Abi_Levi.jpg

Replies

• Capone007
    Capone007 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well, I've got some friend requests I think because of my post, but no hi's on here!? Anyone out there ride horses? Love their dogs or cats? Umm...wish they were in FL because there's no snow? ha ha
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm in Florida too! Wish I could at least see some more snow. Anyways, you can do 20 pounds! Just by walking or modifying your diet as well? Good luck!! :)
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i'm in florida too....welcome to MFP....you will love it...good luck with your journey and please friend me if you want any help....
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Hey Capone, I'm in Tampa! No snow, but it's about to rain here. Love my poor, getting old, arthritic dog! We have 2 kids and used to have 2 cats but when they died, we didn't get new ones because I don't have a great place for a litter box. Good luck on your medical tests, I hope everything comes out O.K. (My cousin and my aunt are big into show jumping!)
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Maybe we should start a FL group! I am in South Fl!! Welcome! You will love it on here! I just joined myself a few days ago!
  • Capone007
    Options
    NicolePatriot - Snow is not fun if you have to spend an entire winter in it, trust me! I can't stand it anyway, ha ha!
    bluiz13 - Ty, I will def add you in a minute.
    cardbucfan - My family is all in Tampa too! We had tons and tons of rain since early morning until now. I think it's finally gone! Show jumping is my favorite thing, dressage is my second. There's nothing like flying through the air on a horse! I am going completely insane not being allowed to ride right now (it's been 2 months!).
    rebawagner - It seems that we should, I'm guessing so many FL people has to do with we probably show a lot more skin most of the year than many other people!

Thanks again for the welcomes!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm in Florida (Miami) and the proud mom of 2 crazy adorable kitties! :) Good luck to you! :)
  • Capone007
    Options
    Elizabeth_C34 - Thanks, and to you too! Love your profile pic with the wedding dress. I don't let myself look at my wedding photos too much because it's too depressing....I loved the weight I was then. I know it should inspire me, but it actually doesn't. I think the photos where I look BAD actually inspire me more!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth_C34 - Thanks, and to you too! Love your profile pic with the wedding dress. I don't let myself look at my wedding photos too much because it's too depressing....I loved the weight I was then. I know it should inspire me, but it actually doesn't. I think the photos where I look BAD actually inspire me more!

I loved my gown, but I hated my double chin in my wedding pictures :( Still, it was the happiest day of my life sofar. My husband is great :)
  • LaSirena29
    Options
    Welcome. I'm in South FL, too. I'm guessing your right about "showing so much skin" being the reason there are so many of us here. I started using this site back in August & have had a lot of success with it. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.
  • Capone007
    Options
    Ok, I will add you!
  • tdpassley
    tdpassley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am in Florida too. And I LOVE my cats! Good luck to you!