Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Toned After Baby?

This is a question for all of you fit mommies out there! I have a 22 month old, am 5'4" and currently weigh 138-140 pounds and I want to lose 10 more and tone up. I've cornered the whole cardio workout thing, but I REALLY need a good toning program! I've done the 30 Day Shred all the way through before, and I didn't notice a HUGE difference.

I'm so tired of being flabby!!! Someone, please, suggest something that will change my body DRASTICALLY before bikini season!!! :)

Replies

• lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Hey, now I'm afraid I'm not a yummy mummy (or a mummy at all) but my aim is to lose weight and tone up at the same time, and my trainer has given me some resistance exercises like lunges, planks etc. They're on my blog (http://lrns88.blogspot.com) if thats the kinda thing you're after =)

Good luck! xxx
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Try Gillian Michaels no more trouble zones, its virtually all strength work, and its tough!
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    I've had two babies (they're very much not babies anymore! 12 and 15!), and I didn't start getting fit until after they were born. The best thing I've EVER used is the Firm workouts. Not torturous like some other stuff out there that I think I would dread doing each day (to each his own!), but you really, really see a difference.

My favorites:

Total Body Toner
    Pump Jump & Jab
    Get Chiseled
    Core Solutions
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    I second Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones -- it focuses all on strength training and ab work. It's a killer 45-50 minute DVD with a warm up and cool down. I'm always sore after I finish it but love the feeling after completing it! To spice up your cardio workouts her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism dvd is really good too! They are around $10 each.
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    You could try p90x too:) I vouch for that one! You can find it WAY cheaper on ebay or amizon.
  • lexicalabrese
    lexicalabrese Posts: 200 Member
    Ah, I'm afraid of P90x lol...also I don't really have a door where I can see the TV to hang a pull-up bar in, so I'd be kinda screwed on that part :(

I'll try Jillian's videos, I just wasn't much of a fan of the Shred afterwards, it got really booorinng.
  • My best advice is :) ....
    1. Don't base your progress entirely on the scale. Muscle is heavier than fat, so if you are not losing weight, it does not mean you are not getting fitter.

2. Watch your diet. Have you heard the saying "the abs are made in the kitchen"? Believe it. Eat clean foods, and don't think that all the calories are equal. If you eat some sugary stuff or processed foods, don't expect to get toned easily, even if you exercise like crazy. Body needs quality and balanced foods in moderate portions, several times a day, including protein, lots of fresh veggies and fruit. No simple carbs and added sugars.

3. Lift weights. Heavy weights! Cardio is only a part of the plan. Lifting weights actually is much more important than cardio for toning and losing the fat! Being fit does not mean being skinny. It's all about replacing the body fat with muscle, which burns tons of calories even at rest!

I hope this helps because this truly is the basis for getting toned! Promise! ;)