Grandma trying to get herself back

Hi, I'm new to this site. Thought if I voice out my goal and daily struggles maybe this time I'll succeed. There is something about declaring a goal that helps me out. It has worked in other areas, why not weight. I have a total of 89 lbs. to lose to get to my wedding day weight. Its been 27 years since, so I'm cutting my goal in half for this year. Then I will work on the other half the following year.
Hope to make friends along the way and to have people who can hold me accountable to my goal.
THe journey begins, Rachel43

Replies

• rachel43
    rachel43 Posts: 3
    Hi, I'm new to this site. Thought if I voice out my goal and daily struggles maybe this time I'll succeed. There is something about declaring a goal that helps me out. It has worked in other areas, why not weight. I have a total of 89 lbs. to lose to get to my wedding day weight. Its been 27 years since, so I'm cutting my goal in half for this year. Then I will work on the other half the following year.
    Hope to make friends along the way and to have people who can hold me accountable to my goal.
    THe journey begins, Rachel43
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Welcome to the group!!
    There are truly some wonderful people here that can help you attain your goals. Either with advice or just to listen to you vent about everyday things.

All the best! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    I am TOTALY with Mireille on this one.
    This site is a GOD SEND I have met tons of friends from all over the world. and there is nothing like having people help you out 24/7/365.
    --Diann...
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Rachel43! Welcome!

Soooo many great people here and the message boards are a LIFESAVER! Whenever I start to lose heart I just start reading or start posting and somebody always comes along who makes me feel better and gets me back on track. Good luck!
  • rachel43
    rachel43 Posts: 3
    Wow! I'm impressed, thank you for your encouragement so far. This is really great feeling like I have a support team behind that there is no way but to succeed.
  • Wow! A sister! I too have 89 lbs to lose and have been married 27 years. I joined in April and have lost 16 lbs. ( I guess I only have 73 lbs to lose now!) Your goal is achievable and I'm looking forward to hearing how you are doing.
  • ginnysgarden
    ginnysgarden Posts: 8 Member
    I have been married 27 yrs, at least untill Sep. and I need to lose 100 pounds. I'm looking forward to losing it with ya'll.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Hello Rachel and Welcome:flowerforyou: We are so glad you joined and we are ready to help any way we can. :wink: Your going to have a lot of good friends on here Or MFPal's same thing:happy: You will never meet such a happy group of losers :drinker: :drinker: weight that is:laugh:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    I have been married 27 yrs, at least untill Sep. and I need to lose 100 pounds. I'm looking forward to losing it with ya'll.
    Welcome :flowerforyou: You are doing really good . I to have a ways to go with weight loss. It's good to have you along for the journey .:flowerforyou: