Lost weight on a 5 star cruiseship!

Options
Hi All,

I am totally confused. I started to lose weight on December 15th and up to January 1st, I don't seem to have lost any weight as shown on the scale. I went to Celebrity Solstice 7 days cruise and I cam back last night. I ate more than I usually do, and worked out only 3 days vs 7 days a week. This morning I was expecting to have gained a few pounds but to my surprise I lost 2 pounds!

What did I do wrong before and why did I lose weight while cruising? I don't know what to do now that I am back... Should I keep my 7 days cardio workouts and how should I eat!!?? One thing for sure, I am thinking of keeping the same breakfast I had every morning on the ship:

3 egg whites
1 cup Bran Cereals with skim milk
half grapefruit
tea

Please help me... I am scared I won't lose any weight if I keep doing what I used to do before I went to the cruise, which I thought it was super healthy!

3276282.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• Natalie0506
    Options
    What I've noticed is that when I eat slightly more than my allotted calories (say I'm allotted 1200, I'll eat around 1400), I lose more weight. Also, when I workout, I eat all of my workout calories (most days...today I'm not too hungy). I try to be active 5 or 6 days a week, so most days I'm eating around 1800 or 1900 calories. Some days more depending on how much I've worked out. Also remember to do strength training with your cardio.
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    You were probably more active than you thought on the cruise, so don't change your cardio schedule. Maybe you weren't taking in enough calories before. dhassing is a member who wrote a blog recently on taking in more calories to lose weight. A website she found is: http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calculators/calories-required/ to calculate the decrease in calories over time. If your body thinks it is in famine mode, it will hold onto weight. Check out the site, and maybe her blog, and good luck!
  • TracieMyron
    Options
    My guess would be that you nibbled constantly keeping your metabolism running, which is why it is recommended that you eat 5 small meals daily or three meals and two snacks...

As for working out, it is my understanding that 4 days cardio and three days strength training is plenty, because your muscles need time to heal. So maybe taking a few days off from the gym would be beneficial!

Best of luck to you!
  • ahbach2005
    Options
    you may need to up your caloires a litle as Natalie said

also when you change things up a bit it can have positive results
  • joonna
    joonna Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank You so much! Love love love this forum, people reply so fast! :flowerforyou: