What is a better work out by Jillian Micheals?

mizliz1981
mizliz1981 Posts: 39
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey everyone,
I am wondering what you think is a better work out by Jillian Micheals.
The banish fat boost metabolism or the 30 day work out? The banish fat one is 40 minnutes but the 30 day one is 22 but way more intense feeling?
Also if you do her work outs how do you record your excercise in MFP if you do not use a HRM?
Thanks!
I have been doing the banish fat one on a regular basis and it has definately helped my body firm up and I just bought the 30day one and after one time it hurt to go up and down the stairs :) but it was definately doable because I had been doing the other one for about 2 weeks.
Also, if she has another dvd that you like or another at home one that you like please let me know:)

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Ive only done her 30 day shred (im in a 30 day stint right now on day 4 of 30 straight to see results). I use an HRM but before i had one, i logged it as circuit training. It was most accuraet.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    I like them all
    Best one's
    BFBM
    No More Trouble Zones
    30DS
    Those are my fav.

And I used a HRM to get my calories burned.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Jillian also has the No More Trouble Zones DVD which is 45-50 minutes long and is strength training. It is pretty intense as it is all weights.

When I didn't have my HRM to record my calories I just used circuit training under cardio to track my calories.. but I believe it overestimated it for me. I would definitely reccomend getting a HRM, it's a good investment.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    I too have only ever done 30 Day Shred... well, wait, actually I've done her Yoga Meltdown too (which I love). I just completed Day 10 of Level 1 of the Shred, and will start Level 2 tomorrow. I've been logging it under circuit training, since I don't have a HRM.

I have a thread going for those of us undertaking 30 Day Shred currently. Anyone is free to join the discussion at any time! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/149134-shreddin-eleven-week-two
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    I really love the 30 Day Shred!! :happy: I wasn't losing any weight even doing 90 minutes hard workout in the gym every night... but after 30 days of this I felt and looked soooo much better!

Tonight, I just did my first workout of the "Six week Six pack" DVD. In my opinion it is WAY more intense - and I found it a lot more of a challenge - although as it involves a little more knowledge and co-ordination than The Shred, I think the burn will only get better after I've done it a couple of times. I really think you should give this a go if you haven't already though, it's certainly a great workout!!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Banish Fat burns a whole lot of calories for me. My HRM says over 500 in that 45 minutes, but the 30-day shred at least incorporates some strength training. Banish Fat is all cardio, and I think I prefer something with some weights.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    I did 30 days of Shred then did five or so weeks of BFBM and No More Trouble Zones alternating days 6 days a week. I got really great results. BFBM and NMTZ were my fav.
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    I've done 30DS and BFBM. As someone who, when starting this journey, had trouble completing a workout DVD I would recommend doing 30DS first. It's short and effective and will help you build the endurance to move onto the longer workouts. If I had started with BFBM I probably would've quit to be honest... I wouldn't have been able to handle it without first having done 30DS>
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Honestly, they both are kick butt workouts! I am doing the 30DS right now on Day6 & I like this one b/c it mixes the workout up with strength training/cardio &abs & it's short and sweet BUT.... sometimes short and sweet isn't the way to go and you start to feel as if though you need a little more of a workout & BFBM is the way to go I enjoyed her No More Trouble Zones as well!! Her Shredded with Weights was a huge let down to me!!! I track her workouts using a heart rate monitor.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    A quick heads up - I found BFBM on my fitness Ondemand channel...did the workout and when it ended I was like..."hmm, that seemed quick"...turns out they only show you half of it! I agree that it is about the calorie burn and not the strength moves, so for a beginner I would recommend 30DS first because building muscle is the best kick-start for weight loss...but maybe if I had done the whole workout I would think differently..
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    I burn about 100 calories every 10 min no matter which DVD I did (according to my HRM). I did BFBM last year for about a month before i went on vacation trying to burn as many calories as I could. I LOVE 30DS and I can honestly say i HATE BFBM. It's an amazing workout, but I guess I don't like cardio that much :laugh: I love the way 30DS made me feel and look. I felt like i got other benefits from 30DS (such as being able to move my entertainment center a few inches by myself) besides just losing weight. I would walk around and show people my "guns". With BFBM I just burned calories, I didn't notice any extra tone up or anything. I'd rather do level 2, then level 1 (I like that order) at one time then BFBM, that's just me :happy:

Have you thought about going to exercisetv.com (I think that's what it is) and download Jillian's 30 Day Slim down? It's a mixture of 30DS, BFBM and no more trouble zones (I think). It's all the videos you can get off of your OnDemand, if you have it.
This discussion has been closed.