The biggest Loser UK starts now on 3

staceyb_2003
staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
And its sponsered by subway !!! lol

Replies

• XLMKX
    XLMKX Posts: 86
    That made me laugh when I saw that too!!
  • FerryfieldLad
    FerryfieldLad Posts: 185 Member
    Lol me 2!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Just watching it now. Subway - hilarious!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • emc2003
    emc2003 Posts: 29
    Love it already!

Is it only on once a week or is there an ITV2 show as well?
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Yeah I am watching this too, I always expected people on biggest loser, to be, well erm bigger, I have never seen it before.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    It would take me 3/4 month to lose what some of them lost in a week :(
  • I miss this as I dont get this channel!! :( But I loved all the last series there have been!
  • Haha, the Subway thing did make me LOL as well :)

It was the first time I'd seen the show so I wasn't too sure what to expect. I wasn't very impressed tbh, the general message about weight loss for health is right but I found the show to be sensationalist and exploitative. There's an opportunity here to educate viewers about diet, nutrition and exercise and the opportunity wasn't taken, in favour of lingering shots of bellies (is there really any NEED for the contestants to weigh in wearing lycra bra tops? we get that they're large, there's no need to humiliate them). I do understand that the point of the show is a tough, boot camp approach for rapid results. However I can't help thinking that the gym challenges and the trainers' demeanour would only serve to put viewers off going to the gym! If I were intimidated by the gym to begin with, watching that certainly would not help. Also I didn't know til I watched that they were promoting a meal-replacement product - that was a huge thumbs down from me I'm afraid. I'm not against meal replacements as such, but I definitely feel they should've made it clear that meal replacements are to be considered a short term solution. There was zero mention of that, nor was there any promotion of a healthy balanced diet, and no fitness or diet info - altogether a real lack of anything useful for the viewer to take away from it. I'd like to know what happens to the team that's eliminated - presumably they're fixed up with a trainer / dietician? They're still in need of help after elimination so I'd be really disappointed if the producers abandon them after they'd served their purpose. Or perhaps I'm missing the point. It's all about a big cash prize and the opportunity to flog some weight loss products, right? I hope I'm wrong. Does it get better or more responsible as the series goes on?
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    I miss this as I dont get this channel!! :( But I loved all the last series there have been!

i thought everbody got ITV 1....

i can't get over sponsered by subway ! still won't get me in there...
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Love it already!

Is it only on once a week or is there an ITV2 show as well?

It's being repeated tonight (Tues) on ITV2 at 7pm, then Sunday ITV1 at 10.25am. I've just watched it on itvplayer. I'm going to have to watch it regularly on Tuesdays- can't miss Glee on Monday nights :wink:
  • haha sorry guys...I didnt realise it was on ITV...Im being dumb...excuse me! :(
This discussion has been closed.