New from New Jersey

Options
I am new to MFP and wanted to introduce myself... I am a wife, mother of 3, nursing student, and work for a local hospital. As if that isn't enough, my 10 yr old was dx with type 1 diabetes three years ago, so I started to change the way we ate at home, well slightly because now I am a type 2 diabetic with hypertension. This only reinforced that the change we made was not good enough. I noticed that I was strict with my son and his diet but not with my own or for that matter with anyone else at home. So now I am here looking for, support, (because the resistance I am getting at home is huge) new ideas, keeping a daily journal (boy when it's on paper, right in front of you WOW) and a start to a healthy life! Wish me luck...

Oh yea I have a question what does "bump" mean?:happy:

Replies

• sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    Welcome!!! I too am from NJ. I know you can do this. We are here to encourage you!
  • happies23
    happies23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wish you tons of luck! Well, I guess it isn't luck that we need... it's persistence and determination. MFP is really helping me track and pay attention to what I am doing whether it is exercise or eating stuff that is just plain bad for you. Log in daily. I feel that is was helps me the most. I also like to look at my friends' food journals to see what they are eating and it can give you some ideas. For example, the way we rack up calories by just ordering one fast food meal.

Welcome to the group!!
  • lisapooh1
    Options
    Welcome! and good luck