San Diego Runners

amandalc980
amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Trying to build a team for the Mermaid 5K next month in San Diego. Thought it would be cute to get seven ladies together and we could all wear shirts with the names of Ariel and her sisters. (I'm a disney dork) Anyone interested?

www.mermaidtriathlon.com

Replies

• sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Me! :)
  • amandalc980
    Will this be after your marathon? Pick your sister! Arial is already spoken for.

ariel-s-sisters-ariels-sisters-11160331-522-306.jpg

From Right to left
    Arista
    Attina
    Adella
    Arial
    Andrina
    Alana
    Aquata
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Ok- so it's a run right? (making sure it's no swimming- this mermaid is a land animal- no water!) haha! This sounds fun! I want to be Arista or Alana! Are you doing the 5 or the 10?
  • amandalc980
    Just a run. :smile: I am doing the 5k. Doing a 10 the week before. Both are still up for grabs. Just need to get a shirt in the color of their tails. I will give more details when i have all the mermaids. I am going to be aquata.
  • sunnyk8
    I'll be Andrina! Just registered!
  • amandalc980
    Oops. Just used google. I have andrina and alana confused. Alana has black hair and loves pink. She wears a tiara if you want to wear one. Andrina loves violet, she has a purple tail. Pink decoration in the hair. I think we have our seven!
  • sunnyk8
    So I'm Alana? What color does she wear? It looks purple ish? And a dumb question... is it ok if she has black hair and I have brown?
  • amandalc980
    Oh yea, thats fine. I will probably end up being either the orange or blondie. I was going to be Aquata, but someone else wanted her, so no big. Alana is pink. She has curls in her hair, so if you want to curl that would work. I think the shirts will probably be enough though if you don't want to go all out. I am trying to figure out a design for the shirts right now. I am thinking probably just get your shirt in your tail color, name of your mermaid and maybe a pic of the mermaid.

197px-Alana.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_from_Disney's_The_Little_Mermaid#Alana
  • sunnyk8
    YAY I love pink!!! Perfect :) Let me know what you need from me for the shirts! Who are you going to be? :)
  • amandalc980
    Not sure. I am letting Analisa (from here) pick and my other friend pick first and I will take whats left. I like them all, so I will be happy no matter what. If we end up with 8 people, I may opt to be Ursula, though. I like the bad guys.
  • skinnyack
    I'll be either blonde if someone else has a stronger feeling toward one or the other- just tell me what shirt to wear! Is there an option to register as a team or should I just register myself? Still deciding if I should do 5 or 10...
  • skinnyack
    I think I'm doing the 5. My calves are so screwed up at this point- last night jogging felt HORRIBLE. I guess I'll just work on beating or maintaining my time from last time. Super excited to run with you all though!:smile:
  • sunnyk8
    Yay! We can all do the 5k together :))
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    maybe next time. Sounds like fun (disney dork here too). I JUST started training for the C25K yesterday. I'm too out of shape to fake my way thru it :-) I'm signing up for the Chelsea's run in March. I should be able to complete that by then. Have fun!!
    Melanie
  • skinnyack
    I'm probably doing Chelsea's also!
  • amandalc980
    maybe next time. Sounds like fun (disney dork here too). I JUST started training for the C25K yesterday. I'm too out of shape to fake my way thru it :-) I'm signing up for the Chelsea's run in March. I should be able to complete that by then. Have fun!!
    Melanie

Melanie,

I am doing this one with a couple buddies who are going to need to walk. You should come on out, you are going to be fine! I think we are up to 8 or 9 mermaids at this point and everyone has a different level. One of the girls told me she hasn't run in years.

So I think we are going to be doubling up on mermaids for this run. So just get a shirt with your mermaids color. On the front left put your mermaids name and if you can find a photo put that on the front right. I think simple, but it will be fun because everyone will have the same but different. :)

What is the route for Chelseas run? Does anyone know? I think I want to do that one, but I hate running the same route I have done before.
  • skinnyack
    I think Chelsea's is at Balboa- same as jingle- but it said it starts on the west side of the park.

Sure you don't want to do those hills again?? haha..
  • sunnyk8
    Oh, how did I miss this? I'm doing Chelsea's Run too!

Also, how are we supposed to put photos on our shirts?
  • skinnyack
    http://www.eteamz.com/upload2/files/2011FinishChelsea'sRuncoursemap.pdf

Amanda- Here's chelsea's course. you get to run on the 163! haha. Google Chelseas light foundation for website
  • amandalc980
    OH! I will be doing that one now. I also just signed up for the San Diego Mud Run and I think everyone should sign up!!! Registeration ends Feb 1st though!! http://sandiegomudrun.com/
This discussion has been closed.