Anyone who has an HRM...

Options
I'm thinking that I want(need) one...
So, who makes a good one?
Where do I get it?
What is the price range?
Any info would be so appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    my husband got me a Polar one for $100. I love it. He bought it at a sports store in the mall.......
    I don't know much about any of them though, sorry!! I just know I love having one!! lol
  • JLeeAlton
    JLeeAlton Posts: 311
    Options
    Polar F6 or F7 around 100 bucks
    Bodybugg - around 200 plus monthly online fee
    Sportline at Walmart around 30 bucks.

I know people who use one of these 3 and have good things to say about it
    I use the Polar F6 - I like it, no problems.
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar F7 for Christmas and I love it! It's really easy to use, just press the button to get started and to stop exercise etc. I find I'm working out harder than I thought I was - so burning more calories yay! Mine cost about £80 I think.
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    Depends on the quality you want and if you want one that looks cool. I personally have a Suunto that I ordered online about 3 years ago and I love it. The heart rate monitor is one that you wear around your chest (it can be a lil uncomfortable at first, but you get used to it) and a great thing about this one is that not only do you get a constant read on the watch of your heart but many machines will accept the signal and give a constant read too so that you don't have to hold your hands on the heart bars. Also, by ordering online you can pick from a wide range of colors and styles. I paid about $70ish for mine, and it was on sale. My only complaint would be that the face of the watch is fairly large (which does make it easy to read) and can feel a little overwhelming until your used to it. And the chest strap can be really cold when you first put it on lol. Well hope this helped :) Good luck
  • ThoughtsOfBelle
    ThoughtsOfBelle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin FR60 which I am obsessed with - its a little more pricey than some of the others, but you can track your course via GPS, and it uploads all your data via USB to your computer, and stores it all into a nice little graph. :)
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I have a polar that I got on sale for $50, I believe they normally run about $70. I got mine at Sports Authority. Just be careful about the really cheap ones that don't log your calories... kind of a waste IMO. I love my HRM and definitely recommend them!
  • webkaiser
    Options
    I use a Sportline S7 from Walmart and LOVE IT!
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have the Polar FT7. Was about 100.00. Love it, love it, love it! It's very easy to use.
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    Polar seems to be the real leader. I got an FT-40 from ebay a few months ago and love it. I paid about $110 like-new (Closer to $200 at the store). The chest-strap type is generally more reliable than the 'cheap' brands without a strap. Plus it monitors constantly versus having to hold buttons everytime you want to look at your HR. Any major sports store or local running/biking shop will have some. Best Buy even has some now.
  • SoldierWife99
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! Looks like I'll be Polar shoppig! ☺