Finding Out About This Site

Options
neurogirl
neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
Hello there fellow members!

This site was introduced to me by one of my friends who is trying to lose a lot of weight. I fit in that category as well. Just wanted to introduce myself. I can't remember very well what it was like to be thin, although I used to be as a child.

Much like some of you, I have struggled with weight for some time. When I was 9, I had surgery on my hip as a result of my leg slipping out of the socket. Now I've got this cool alloy pin there and no problems with movement, but that was when I probably started gaining weight due to early development and decreased physical activity for a while. Then I had started gaining weight for an unknown reason when I was 17. I had a lot of other symptoms and found out in my first semester of college that I had Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), and ballooned a totaly of 80 pounds in that time, up to about 248 lbs.

Anyways, I've been there, done that, struggled with weight and never been "healthy" almost my entire life. Been working out and trying to watch (although not very well) what I eat. Figured I could use some more support so I'm here. Have lost about an extra 20 lbs since September but tend to yo yo, although now I am at my lowest weight ever since the cysts. Oddly enough, I feel heavier now that I have in the past, but it seems we all go through that.

All that to say, HI! Hope that this is encouraging and that I know if I already have lost 50lbs with a medical condition, with one of it's most charming symptoms being "Difficulty in losing weight", then I hope all of us can get a little firmer, healthier, and most of all happier. Hope to hear from some of you. Enjoy the posts so far and the tools. :smile:

Replies

• neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hello there fellow members!

This site was introduced to me by one of my friends who is trying to lose a lot of weight. I fit in that category as well. Just wanted to introduce myself. I can't remember very well what it was like to be thin, although I used to be as a child.

Much like some of you, I have struggled with weight for some time. When I was 9, I had surgery on my hip as a result of my leg slipping out of the socket. Now I've got this cool alloy pin there and no problems with movement, but that was when I probably started gaining weight due to early development and decreased physical activity for a while. Then I had started gaining weight for an unknown reason when I was 17. I had a lot of other symptoms and found out in my first semester of college that I had Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), and ballooned a totaly of 80 pounds in that time, up to about 248 lbs.

Anyways, I've been there, done that, struggled with weight and never been "healthy" almost my entire life. Been working out and trying to watch (although not very well) what I eat. Figured I could use some more support so I'm here. Have lost about an extra 20 lbs since September but tend to yo yo, although now I am at my lowest weight ever since the cysts. Oddly enough, I feel heavier now that I have in the past, but it seems we all go through that.

All that to say, HI! Hope that this is encouraging and that I know if I already have lost 50lbs with a medical condition, with one of it's most charming symptoms being "Difficulty in losing weight", then I hope all of us can get a little firmer, healthier, and most of all happier. Hope to hear from some of you. Enjoy the posts so far and the tools. :smile:
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! This website is the best and the people are so supportive!!! Best of luck to you, if you ever have any question just say so and someone, I am sure, will have the answer!:flowerforyou:
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    You found a great community to share your journey with. It's all about taking control of your life and knowing what is important to you. We're here if you need help.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Welcome you have come to the right place.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter