Forever on my mind...

Options
I know I need to log my food or I lose control of what I eat. My problem is that after a few days of logging I start to feel like I am constantly thinking about food.

What to eat next? When to eat next? How many calories? Did I log that? And so on and so on. All this thinking about food gets me hungry. So I get frustrated and stop logging only to lose control and go back to logging, which then leads to this ugly vicious circle of doom and frustration LOL.:ohwell: Ugh.

Anyone else have this problem and if so how do you deal with it?

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I know I need to log my food or I lose control of what I eat. My problem is that after a few days of logging I start to feel like I am constantly thinking about food.

What to eat next? When to eat next? How many calories? Did I log that? And so on and so on. All this thinking about food gets me hungry. So I get frustrated and stop logging only to lose control and go back to logging, which then leads to this ugly vicious circle of doom and frustration LOL.:ohwell: Ugh.

Anyone else have this problem and if so how do you deal with it?
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. My day is consumed about when and what to eat. But I would rather that then gain it all back. I feel great and celebrate the food I do eat and the results I'm getting. I'm finding healthy foods that I look forward to rather than dread the vegetable blah so I enjoy food more and not worry so much.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Actually I have always thought about food. Now, I think about healthy food and what tastes good to me. I sometimes it does drive me bonkers but I guess that’s ok. I'm learning about the healthy me and that is great. After a while you won’t feel like your driving yourself crazy, especially when you see results.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    just finished eating a bite sized snickers.

eh.

:s

my best friend and i got into a fight. he was being really mean.

i guess he got me twice because i went over 300 calories.
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I feel that way too, but I figure it's temporary. I want to learn about calories and what is healthy. I'm hoping it will become second nature after a while and I won't have to think about it so much. I see it as being conscious about what I eat. What got me into needing to lose weight was eating unconsciously, so I figure it can't hurt to over focus on it for a while.