keiarawr Posts: 32
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Calories Burned
From Normal Daily Activity 1,960 calories/day
Net Calories Consumed*
Your Daily Goal 1,200 calories/ day
Daily Calorie Deficit 760 calories
(On my goals page)

So, I've been poking around on the forums and read something, can't remember where, and now I'm completely confused. I've been trying to eat around 1200 calories a day, even with eating exercise calories. Should I be eating that or 1,960 calories? Or just... Well, I'm not even sure. I would love it so much if a nice person would come along and explain and answer any other questions that get raised (cause its more than likely gonna happen.) Thank you so much for all that help with this.

Replies

• no you only eat the 1,200. The one over 1900 is what you burn in a day so if you eat that many you won't lose any weight. The calories your body has burned anyway all add up to the 2 pounds a week, or whatever it is, that is going to be lost (hopefully)
  • The 1,960 calories burned is an average based on the daily lifestyle that you input. Then you set your target weight loss per week (i.e. 1.5 lbs/week, etc.) Based on this information that you provided, they are suggesting that you consume 1,200 calories per day. The net deficit of 760 calories/day should help you achieve your target weight loss for the week. Likewise, if you earn 300 more calories from exercise, then you would be "allowed" to consume a total of 1,500 calories for that day, because the net deficit would still be the suggested 760 calories for that day. I hope this helps!
  • It does. Still a bit confused on the whole thing, but I think I can figure it out. :)

Thanks so much! Least I know I've been doing it right.
  • lastraw
    lastraw Posts: 32
    It's okay to eat some of your exercise calories just don't eat them all. Leave yourself a deficit and the weight will come off. My calorie daily goal is 1200 but I usually aim to eat around 1400 calories. I have more energy for my workouts if I eat a little more. On a day I don't exercise I try to to just over 1200 calories.
  • It's okay to eat some of your exercise calories just don't eat them all. Leave yourself a deficit and the weight will come off. My calorie daily goal is 1200 but I usually aim to eat around 1400 calories. I have more energy for my workouts if I eat a little more. On a day I don't exercise I try to to just over 1200 calories.

Very true... leaving a deficit helps to push that weight away a little more at a time!
  • There are 3500 calories in a pound, so if you have a deficit of calories each day that is how you lose weight. It is a cumulative effect. If your weekly "left over calories" add up to 3500 you will lose a pound in a week, if your left over calories in one week are 7000 you lose 2 lbs, etc. Just stay consistent, that is the most challenging part....good luck to you.
This discussion has been closed.