bring it on!

Options
hello all,

new to the website but not new to the game. LOL

Im glad my coworker showed me this website, it will make it easier to track my progress.

Today is day 1 of my diet. My intended goal is 35 lbs but will reach for 50 to make myself work that much harder to reach it

Replies

• shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great place to be. I joined on 7/4/2010 and have lost 61 pounds. I know you will love it here, lots of great
    motivation and support. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend, we can help motivate each other.
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp its a great tool
    feel free to add me as a friend. together we can all get this done!!
  • MartinMtz702
    Options
    Thanks for the support.

I will definitely add you as soon as I figure out how. LOL

Day 1 was not as hard this time around as it has in the past. usually day 1 I end up with a huge headache with the lack of sodas & sweets and snacks. Every year Im pretty good up until I go on my summer vacation then its downhill thanks to Halloween, Thanksgiving. Christmas. This year by far is my heaviest but I know I can do it I just need to work that much harder than in previous years. It helps that my place of employment has Get Fit challenges to keep us motivated and pulling surprise weigh-ins to weed out the people that wait until the last 4weeks of the challenge to drop the pounds. In the past it was usually a 3month competition amongst teams. each team consisted of 5 members. the benefits... aside from being healthier and feeling great... $2,500 for the winning team ($500 per member).
    This year it is a little different, no cash prize but we still get prizes we can redeem for by earning points AND this year the competition runs from January - April. So I planned my vacation in June so I stay motivated and lose a couple extra pounds more after the challenge.

MFP is great. I no longer have to track my meals & exercise on excel. LOL