*TMI* (woman topic)

Options
MissAnjy
MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
okay seriously, does anyone else here get an increase in appetite in the week prior to their period!?
I feel like I could just eat & eat & eat right now regardless of that fact that i'm SICK.
Usually [while sick] I have no appetite, but now? I could eat anything you put infront of me.

Anyone else have this happen? Argh, it's irking me!!

Replies

• Dom80
    Dom80 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    me too. Since starting on MFP, I lost my cravings for sugar but the week prior I could eat the candy aisle in 10 minutes.

When that happens, I try to go for a walk or any other exercise to keep my mind off of it.
  • MissAnjy
    Options
    Argh!! I'm trying so hard to keep myself in check!! lol
    I still have a snack to eat later but i'm trying to hold off on that so that i'm not starving later, lol
  • rachel122986
    Options
    I thought I was the only one with the unbearable cravings the week before my period its aweful and no matter what my cravings are never satisfied. It usually lasts 5 days too so that's a long time to be an endless pit.

Is there anything that works for you to curb the cravings?
  • dmhaag
    dmhaag Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yes I just dealt with this last week. I was sick as well. It seems like I spend 3 or 4 days of hard work to feel like I am back to where I was before, and I wish there was something to just stop the cravings to begin with. I try to stick to veggies and lower calorie cheese and proteins, but sometimes you just want some good old chocolate and salty snacks.
  • MissAnjy
    Options
    I haven't found a way to curb the cravings at all. All i really do is... RESIST. It's hard as hell though :(
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    yep. Im there with you. I am completely ravenous for about 3 days before and during my period. It's really frustrating. I dont have much advice on how to deal with it though...
  • Sheriemae
    Sheriemae Posts: 248
    Options
    Ugh I have the same problem! I can eat a big meal or snack all day and feel like I have eaten nothing.......I also get a little b*tchy the week before as well. During~my appetite is normal and so are my moods. Oh the wonderful pleasures of being a woman. :wink:
  • bridgetlbarringer
    Options
    try herbal tea with a teaspoon of honey. it always fills me up and the honey usually curbs my cravings :)
  • MissAnjy
    Options
    Oh yes, it's joyous. Not to mention, during your period, there's a chance ( for me it DEFINITELY happens) that your weight will fluctuate 5-10lbs so for 5-10 days you step on the scale and get discouraged (even if you know it's temporary). Men don't have to deal with this... lucky *kitten* lol :)) jk i love you men, but seriously. lol
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    So...not the best for you, probably, but when I get cravings I will have 1/4 c of trail mix (peanuts, cashews, few plain m&ms & raisins/140 cal) or a couple of the dark chocolate ghiriadelli squares (about 100 cal). Or you can mix light chocolate syrup with some almond milk (chocolate milk, yum!), or even some light whipped cream so it's like chocolate mousse. I like the trail mix because since it has nuts its more filling. The others are just kind of a chocolate fix. Sometimes a girl just needs a little chocolate.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    YES! I don't get cravings for specific foods as often (that could be MFP or something else... I can't figure out what my body is doing half the time...). I do have more times than not that I am really hungry for a few days though. If I am *that* hungry... I have decided that I will have no issue with eating more than usual (up to maintenance calories, though it doesn't usually take that much). I do try other things like drinking more water, hot tea, etc. first though and make sure that it really is hunger.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    YEP!!! I totally posted a topic about this 30 mins ago or so! yes it is so hard for me!! I tend to give in :(
  • lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    I'm am the same way. Usually about 3 days prior and the first day I could eat anything you put in front of me and I crave a lot of junk. I've noticed though, since I started using Shakeology, my cravings have decreased. I like the chocolate one and that seems to help cure the urge to gorge myself on whatever I can get my hands on. I used to crave coffee, no matter the time of day and I actually could care less now if I brew any at all. Good luck. Man, do men have it easy...other than putting up with us during TOM.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Yes, except it's usually the days when I'm on my period. The day my period started my calorie intake has been WAY up and I am having a horrible time controlling it. (Ok, I'm just NOT controlling it.) :laugh: Hopefully I can turn things back around tomorrow. It is SO hard not to pig out when I'm having my mood swings AND cravings for all sorts of random food. :angry:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I get this as well. I have found that if I eat as little sugar and processed foods the week before I know that I am going to be hungry, then I tend to be hungry only rather than have cravings for certain foods (if that makes sense to you). That way I can simply eat more of my healthy stuff and try not to overdo it. If I had any processed foods or sugar before hand, it sets me up to craving all that is chocolate and cheesy...like Reese's and Cheetos, my old favs before I started MFP.
  • sherrik10
    sherrik10 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I crave chocolate! And oreos. I could eat the whole bag!:noway: :
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I dont anymore, its all in your hormones, you gotta fix that!.....i suggest you increase your fats and proteins especially in the morning..eggs with yolks,almonds and walnuts. Eat before you get hungry...craving sweets means you are burning sugar,not fat.
  • btrflyflutter
    btrflyflutter Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Happening to me right now!!!
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too! I'm usually a fairly light eater but for that one week I could eat all day and still be starving at night and I crave sweets which I don't usually want! The most annoying part is that it isn't just cravings, I am genuinely hungry :P And this oh-so-awesome month that week is extending from before my period to during as well. I feel like I'm eating for two and I'm not even remotely pregnant.
  • daigneault2313
    Options
    im not a big fan of chocolate but 3-4 days before mine i get a strong craving for it