Tuna Fish

Options
I have always made my tuna fish with mayo and mustard. Recently I've been making it with just mustard and eating it with crackers but seems like it's missing something. Any ideas on what I could sub for the mayo?

Replies

• Toddap
    Toddap Posts: 4
    Options
    I've gotten so I prefer miracle whip, or light miracle whip with tuna. Adds a little "tang" to it plus it's about half the calories. I'll also add a little sweet relish.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    lemon juice and black pepper

or mustard
  • HotMomma86
    Options
    Pepper, or maybe some shredded cheese? I like to mix mine with shredded cheese and celery and toss it on a pita and in the toaster oven til the cheese starts to melt. It's super yummy.
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    avocado!!!
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I've read that boiling canned tuna for 2 mins will take the fishy taste out, but does it remove the Omega3 from it?? I'd like to eat it, it's a cheap protein source.
  • reese1206
    reese1206 Posts: 229
    Options
    I use FF mayo...is that bad?
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I love using avocado as a sub for mayo.... miacle whip light or free is good too (although its all a taste preference thing).... :flowerforyou:
  • DrumlineGirl
    DrumlineGirl Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I use Hellman's light mayo. It's 40 calories for 1 Tablespoon.

I usually mix one tablespoon mayo with one can of tuna, and eat half of that since half a can is a serving. So I only end up with 20 added calories from the mayo.

But when I add lots of things, I don't notice missing mayo. You could do mustard and add celery, then put lettuce or spinach and tomatoes on it. You'll never miss the mayo.