What food do you eat after 9pm?

Options
2»

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Wow! You stay up after 9pm?

No kidding! I can't eat anything after 9 because my tired butt is in bed!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Veggies(with hummus), salad, occasionally a little chocolate if I can get away with it. Depends on what my leftover cals are by then.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn with melted becel 62% less calorie margarine. I can eat a ton! And not feel guilty :smile:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    If you eat after 7PM, you are screwing yourself for weightloss or maintenence. Just sayin.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yawn, that's a half hour before my bedtime. I try not to eat anything.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Popcorn!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Heya I normally have a light dinner around 6-7 and then I am hungry again by 9 - 10 (I don't go to bed till mid night normally). I know people say you shouldn't eat after a certain time but I eat every 2 to 3 hours all day long and it works for me so I normally have a "dessert" option, either some natural yoghurt and frozen berries or a couple of squares of dark organic chocolate. If I am not hungry though I don't have anything :)
  • Cortx
    Cortx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Dont eat anything after 7. NOTHING.
  • ce700
    ce700 Posts: 2
    Options
    Man, none of yall answered the question. The OP is not asking whether it is good to eat after 9pm! I guess we all know that. I clicked on here in the hopes that ---ok yes, don't eat after 9 BUT if I do, what is least harmful?

Now if anyone had actual answers, that would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Considering I work overnights, I eat most of my food after 9pm. Also, meal timing has zero effect on fat loss. The more you know.
  • pennelope515
    pennelope515 Posts: 369
    Options
    My work schedule varies so much that I can't always NOT eat after 9pm. I can be awake sometimes for over 24 hours before going to bed. So if it's later I try to stick to lighter food, and no bread. I find if I eat bread, I get really cold and tired.
    I like pistachios, slim jims with a low fat cheese stick, pretzels, or fruit usually. I try to stay away from committing to an actual meal, and try to eat small snacks.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Assuming I've already had dinner (which is iffy as I don't get home til around 7:00) I usually have some pistachios or some cheese and crackers. And wine. I love my glass of wine! :drinker:
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN to people without evidence that say you shouldn't eat at night. It's ridiculous and not true. I lose weight all the time and ONLY eat at night during Ramadan, and I have the same calorie count I do during normal months. Honestly there's little to no *good* scientific research that says the time at which you eat the food matters. Your metabolism doesn't go "oh the clock says it's past 9pm, let's turn ALL THE FOOD to fat this minute!" lol. Your body still processes and burns food at night, that's why your bmr isn't 0 then, and you sometimes wake up weighing less than when you went to sleep.
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    If you eat after 7PM, you are screwing yourself for weightloss or maintenence. Just sayin.

06402767-wtf.gif
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    kettle corn popcorn, veggies, fruit cups, nature valley bars, pretzels, cold cut turkey and cheese slices....nothing heavy but something to help my hunger:) I get off work some days at 12:00 a.m. and I am hungry
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options

Thats a myth :)http://dynamicduotraining.com/wordpress/15-nutrition-myths-you-want-to-knowallow-the-experts-to-tell/ scroll down till you see the one by stephanie wilson :)

OP: night time is when I ussually have a dessert if I saved up for one during the day :)