Little support from significant other

Options
My boyfriend offers little support for my weight loss goals. He tries, bless his heart. But he's just one of those guys that can eat whatever he wants, whenever, never workout and never gain an ounce. He's really not that interested in getting healthy either, I have tried.

I get really frustrated sometimes when I am trying to eat healthy and our pantry is filled full of ooey gooey chocolately goodness.

I'd love for him to be a workout buddy, or even an "lets go to the park and hike" buddy on weekends. But he'd rather veg at home. Ugh.

Sorry... just had to rant :) I feel better now.

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    My boyfriend offers little support for my weight loss goals. He tries, bless his heart. But he's just one of those guys that can eat whatever he wants, whenever, never workout and never gain an ounce. He's really not that interested in getting healthy either, I have tried.

I get really frustrated sometimes when I am trying to eat healthy and our pantry is filled full of ooey gooey chocolately goodness.

I'd love for him to be a workout buddy, or even an "lets go to the park and hike" buddy on weekends. But he'd rather veg at home. Ugh.

Sorry... just had to rant :) I feel better now.
  • jesse1117
    jesse1117 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel!
    i started my diet and 2 days later my bf shows up with super sonic breakfast burritos... oh, yum... 600 calories in one meal.:noway: so delicious! and sooooo bad for me!
    i feel pretty lucky that i can at least drag mine out for a hike. :laugh:
    good luck!
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Its all about you, you can't force or persude someone that doesn't want to do something that they dont want to, well you ever heard the saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink? Well its half true, if you shove a hose down his throat you can make him drink all you want.

Basically don't worry about him, its all about you, frankly Id be jealous he can eat like that and say more power to him. Guys have a higher calorie requirement. My fiance is trying to lose weight but isnt all for using this website, just "watches what she eats" More powe to her, what ever she wants to do her way is her business, when she asks for support I help but I don't want to become the nagging enemy so Im very passive, I love her the same and shell do what ever she wants when shes ready.

Just love him and don't nag him over it, if its something he wants to do hell do it, nag him hell fight you more and then youll become the enemy.
  • jrmckee
    jrmckee Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey, My husband is the same way he can eat what ever he wants, he also likes to snack and eat junk food. So I buy all those 100 calorie snacks that way if he has something sweet I can too. I don't feel guilty about eating them as long as I have the calories and my sweet tooth is satisfied. :wink:
  • jrmckee
    jrmckee Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey, My husband is the same way he can eat what ever he wants, he also likes to snack and eat junk food. So I buy all those 100 calorie snacks that way if he has something sweet I can too. I don't feel guilty about eating them as long as I have the calories and my sweet tooth is satisfied. :wink:
  • UFGATOR
    UFGATOR Posts: 6
    Options
    1. Give all tempting food to the food pantry.
    2. Take tax deduction for donation.
    3. Invest tax savings in finding new boy friend who is not a vegetable.
    4. Go back to Florida.
    5. Haven't two national championships taught you that it is better to be a Gator then A Buckeye.
  • UFGATOR
    UFGATOR Posts: 6
    Options
    than a Buckeye!
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    Haha... yeah, I'm all about the gators. Unfortunately Florida doesn't offer a college with my major, so for now I'm stuck being a buckeye. :)

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I'm gonna try not to nag. I just get lonely doing this by myself sometimes because we moved up here together from Florida and I don't know many other people, atleast not many other people that are stuggling with eating right and working out the way I am.

Anyone from Columbus, OH looking for a workout buddy? :happy: