Nutella

Options
I've heard that Nutella has more protein and slightly less calories/fat than peanut butter. Anybody know anything about that? Also, what are good ideas for items to spread a little bit of Nutella on to stop those chocolate cravings?

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,431 Member
    Options
    Ooooo, bananas or apples!! I can't have it in the house, too yummy and tempting for me!
  • mistym1967
    Options
    My daughter loves it. She puts it on most of everything. I like it on whole wheat waffles.
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    It does have more protein, but the fat/calories are pretty much the same. I like to substitute it for peanut butter in cookies (I use a low-cal recipe), and it's delicious. I agree with the bananas option too.

Though if you're looking for a lower calorie/fat option than regular peanut butter there is a brand called Better'n Peanut Butter that my boyfriend and I use that's really good and only 100 calories for 2 Tbsp.
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My daughter loves it on whole wheat toast! Heres the nutrition info from our jar:
    Servings size : 2tbsp
    Calories: 200
    Total Fat: 11g
    Cholest.: 0mg
    Sodium: 15mg
    Carb: 22g
    Fiber 1g
    Sugars: 21g
    Protein: 3g
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Mmm I love that stuff I put it on a whole wheat waffle (when I buy them of course) and top with berries then fold it like a taco and eat it!
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    But WHAT is it? I use almond butter in place of any peanut butter.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    hazelnut/chocolate butter.

delicious, crack in a jar.

it's like a spreadable candy bar.
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options

It's that. Yum. Just one tablespoon and any chocolate craving is satisfied.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    oh man the nutrition facts on it looks to bad for me....spread on very dark wheat toast
  • bmramsey0614
    bmramsey0614 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have heard mix reviews about this. It is in the "don't eat" part of my eat this not that book! It just says it contains an oil that can increase bad cholesterol levels in your body.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    hazelnut/chocolate butter.

delicious, crack in a jar.

exactly how I would describe it. given the choice between nutella and regular peanut butter, I'd definitely go with nutella.