Vegetarian

Options
I would strongly suggest becoming a vegetarian to help with losing weight. I became a vegetarian six months ago and I have already lost six pounds just from not eating meat. I feel better too. I have more energy. I also had a hard time digesting meat and I would feel bloated for days after. Within a month, I felt better. It was amazing to see such a difference. I chose to become a vegetarian for ethical and dietary reasons and I would recommend everyone to try it. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jmelhouck
    Options
    Funny you say that.

I have been a life long meat eater. I love meat. There's actually something gratifying about eating it and nothing anyone said, until I read a book recently, would change that. They explained things that made me disgusted with myself. I grew up on a farm and hunted as a kid. I never cared about the animals feelings or anything like that. I now do what I can to remove all meat and dairy from my diet. One can get plenty calcium, Vitamin D and protein elsewhere so I can't use those as excuses anymore. The book I read was a man's version of their original book. The original is called "Skinny B...." (yes, the bad word for female dog) and the men's version is "Skinny B....d" (the other bad B word).

I will forewarn anyone who looks into these books. They are blunt and have "locker room talk". They aren't the most professional in their language, but they break it down in a real way.

And yeah, a week and a half in, I feel a ton better.