Hi Everyone! I'm new! Feel free to add me :)

Options
Hi there!

I'm Holly and this is my second day of using myfitnesspal and thought I'd check out the forums! I am wanting to lose 30 pounds to get to my ideal weight. I am 23 years old and want to live a healthier life. I have also recently quit smoking which was a big thing for me. I work in an office so I'm not very active during the day. My aim is to stick to my calorie count each day and exercise for at least 30 minutes, even if it's just a walk or incedental exercise on the days I can't make the gym!

I'd love to hear from you if you're in a similar situation or you're someone who would like more friends on here. I need some motivation :)

Holly

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking! That's a great feat in itself, and you should be VERY proud of yourself!!!
  • alishajohnson
    Options
    Welcome Holly!! I'll be sure to add you to my friends. Good luck and much success!
  • Kristyb1010
    Options
    Hi Holly,

My situation is very similar to yours. I've recently quit smoking & want to live a healthier lifestyle. I've been on MFP since 12/29 so I am a newbie & could use some more friends also. I don't have my pic up yet or my profile completed. I am aiming to stick to 1320 cal/day (which is 500 calorie deficit to lose roughly 10 pounds gained after I quit smoking. I try to work out 4-6 times per/week for 30-36 min/day on the elliptical or Wii Fit games. I have been progressively getting better at sticking to my calories & making better choices, but I'm not perfect. It helps to have support & encouragement from others. I have sent a friend request for you & if anyone out there wants to request me as well, please do!!! Good luck to you Holly - I look forward to encouraging your efforts!

Kristy
  • Civilrightstoday1
    Options
    Hi Holly,

I know how you feel about the office job thing and sitting all day! But we can do it. Got to get moving.
  • BlondeNklutzi
    BlondeNklutzi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I work in an office too and know how hard it can be to get exercise in. Keep at it and welcome!