Help burn 500 calories a day with equipment I have

Options
Hello Everyone!

I've set a personal goal for myself to burn at least 500 calories a day. So far, I just completed day 4! But I'm a little worried that with doing the same thing, my body is going to get used to it and then I won't see results. Below is what I have available and what I've been doing. Please let me know if this is mixing it up enough. Any other suggestions, comments, etc is appreciated!
Right now, it averages around the mid to low 20's during the day and we've got lots of snow so going outside is kinda out of the question as we live in the country and our roads aren't always the greatest! And the local gym is at least a 30 minute drive one way and pricey!!

Elliptical, Treadmill, Stairs, Wii (Biggest Loser Game & Just Dance 2 & Wii Fit)

I have my Biggest Loser set up with a 12 week Challenge so I do that but not everyday.

Day 1:
Wii - Biggest Loser - Core (Moderate) 28 Min. 91 Calories
Wii Just Dance 2 12 Min. 48 Calories
Elliptical Trainer 15 Min. 223 Calories
Jogging/Walking Combination (treadmill) 17Min 142 Calories Total:504

Day 2:
Wii - Biggest Loser - Weekly Challenge 10 Min. 35 Calories
Jogging/Walking Combination 15 Min. 125 Calories
Wii Just Dance 2 37Min, 147 Calories
Elliptical Trainer 15 Min 226 Calories Total:533

Day 3:
Walking/Jogging Up & Down Stairs 10 Min 57 Calories
Elliptical Trainer 25 Min 375 Calories
Jogging/Walking Combination 10 Min 73 Calories Total:505

Day 4:
Elliptical Trainer 11 Min 163 Calories
Jogging/Walking Combination 31 Min 227 Calories
Wii - Biggest Loser - Full Body (Moderate) - Cardo/Strength 30 Min 139 Calories Total:529

Thanks again everyone!!
CarlaAnn :)

Replies

• shastacrystal
    Options
    Youa re doing a great job of switching it up! You can also add in squats, lunges, planks, crunches. Try adding them in but doing them in a circuit style!
  • pamelasusan
    pamelasusan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a DVD player there are some great workout DVD's out there.

Turbo Jam, Zumba, The Firm, Biggest Loser, Tae Bo....

The list is endless and with so many options you are bound to find something that interests you and keeps you going.

Hope that helps.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    It's a good variety of workouts, but it looks like it's actually a lot of cardio. If I were to make a suggestion it would be to add more strength training. Building lean muscle burns fat. Even just twice, (three would be best) a week in addition to one of your cardio sessions, so you could get to 500 cals a day. Jillian's No More Trouble Zones would be perfect. That would probably get you close to 400, + 20 min on the ellip and you'd be good.
  • CarlaAnn15
    CarlaAnn15 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I do want to get some DVD's!! I think that would help a lot!! And I'll be sure to add some Strength Training!

Thanks again!! :) Best of Luck to you all!