Night Owls

muth3rluvx2
muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Would you exercise at almost 10 pm?

Background: I did workout yesterday, but not today. I've felt.... blah... all day and I can't help but think my lack of workout probably has something to do with it. I really want the blah to end. Additionally, I forgot to take my 2nd dose of medication that aids in smoking cessation (just getting over a 2 month relapse) and of course my brain is going bonkers about it and I'm sitting here having a very nasty argument with it about the whole notion of digging around to find *something* to puff on. Just for the sensory input ... (I won't inhale, its saying vehemently... yeah, right! Would YOU believe that?? I don't think so!). In any case, I have to over-ride my pleasure centers with something else... Oh, and unless there's a snow day tomorrow, I have to get my boy up at 7:15 to get ready for school and then go out there in the friggin' tundra and wait for a bus. Yay me. PLEASE LET THERE BE A SNOW DAY!!!!

But, I am kind of tired, still kinda' blah, unmotivated and it's almost 10 at night. What would YOU do?

Replies

• miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    I used to exercise late at night when I was in my first year of college because I had crappy roommates from hell & that was my only way of getting out of our mini room (that 3 people had to live in!)... Good luck with everything! You & I are at about the same stages in weight loss and we have the same final goal... =) YAY!

Hope today was a good day for you --- would love to be MFP friends if you'd like. Take care girl & keep chuggin' along & working hard...

-Ally
  • Go to bed and start the day fresh tomorrow. Hope you feel better. The sleep will do you good especially since you have to get up early in the morning.
  • I always workout at night--I end up getting a great night of sleep that way. I typically exercise between 10pm and 12am.
  • As a night owl that stays up till 3 or 4 most night, I would... I'm just getting started at 10.
    I think a quick workout can relieve some of the stress you are feeling and get your mind on something other than a smoke.
    I would do it.
    Good luck on the snow day ~
  • I'd pop in an exercise DVD and do a quick workout... anything to change your focus and get some good endorphins flowing. Stop arguing with yourself and get up and do something about it. Take charge! don't let this drag you around. YOU CAN DO IT! Don't wait until tomorrow... Do it now!

Lexy
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    between working in the morning and having an 11 month old running around the night is the only time i can workout
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    I work out some time between 8 and 10 every night. I love it. Gym is quiet and I like to reflect on my day during my workout. Then I take a nice, relaxing shower, which helps transition my body into sleep mode. :)
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    I prefer to workout at night as well. I get home from work at about 7pm, usually hit the gym at 10pm, nice and quiet!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    i would. i recently quit smoking too but did not use anything, just cold turkey... the way i did it? every time i wanted to smoke, i would take my happy *kitten* to the gym and do the elliptical for 30+ minutes. worked pretty great!
  • bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    I get on my rowing machine, and work it out (sometimes 'til 1 in the AM). No problem....well, I haven't checked with the neighbors to see if they mind, but too bad. ;-) I feel thinner when I go to bed feeling like I've had a good abs workout, especially.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    I usually workout at night, but I'm a hardcore night owl and usually up to 4-5am.
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    I'd totally work out in the middle of the night and then get up at the crack of dawn and drag my frozen *kitten* to work! But I'm a total weirdo who lives on zero sleep anyway. I've done it before. I'll be lazy and tired all day, get nothing done, and then be wired at two in morning and decide it's time for some intense interval training. Not everyone is made fore it, and God knows your body needs time to recover. So, it's not always a good idea.
This discussion has been closed.