NEW!

Options
Hello!

I joined two weeks ago, and have been finding this counting calorie thing to be a bit more difficult than anticipated. :) I weight 166 lbs - the most ive ever weighed... and am trying to get back down to 130-135. I have been trying to shake the weight for about 4 yrs now, but instead of steadily decreasing, it's been quite the opposite. I think I just need an *kitten* kicker to hold me accountable for a little while until I can get back in the groove. I am not "dieting" -- I am trying to make a lifestyle change. I have a dangerous family history, and with the odds against me, I've got to do everything I can to give myself a fighting chance!

Alicia

Replies

• Meaghan_91
    Meaghan_91 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! It's only day 3 for me, and I've been keeping up with it, but it does take some discipline. And you're right about making a lifestyle change rather than just "dieting." It's not going to be easy, but it'll be well worth it :)
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yea today was BADDDD! But tomorrow is another chance for success!!! Time to get out the yoga mat or somethin. We got like 2 ft of snow :p
  • HollyGolightly14
    Options
    Hi Alicia

I am new also and today is my second day. I too am about the same weight as you trying to lose the same so it will be interesting to see how we go!

All the best :)
  • lucky1472
    Options
    Counting calories is tough but if you have the type of cellphone to download apps then you should definitely download the my fitness pal app. Downloading the app is what really helped me make better decisions on what to eat when I am not home. If not then keep a food diary with you at all times and make sure when you have a bad day that you still make good decisions and not eat tons of ice cream.
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    YES! I love the app! I feel obsessive using it at every meal tho. So far I've been good sticking with the hhabit of logging every thing... that is until the weekend comes and I fall off the band wagon / my fiance wants Chipotle :/...