Winning By Losing!

Shawnalee0703
Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
This time last year I started and completed the entire 12 week program in Jillian Michael's book "Winning By Losing"- which was very effective and there was NEVER a boring moment! I was very diligent for months after and then some things turned around in my routine and family life so I got a TAD lenient about things.
I thought Winning By Losing would be the perfect way for me to get my PUSH back in motion! Is anyone else doing it? OR has anyone done it or have questions about it?

I truly LOVE circuit training and I lost most of my weight and inches doing circuit training and I can HOPE getting back to it can help me beat this!

Replies

• BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    I bought that book a few years ago, joined her website, and did what I thought I needed to do. I have a hard time doing workouts that are put out in books or online. I need to see how it is done for me to really get the form down. Pictures don't do it. I also had a crazy arrhythmia start when I was following it. It stopped when I stopped, but I ended up having to go to the ER for it.

There are different things that work for different people though and you have to find what works for you. I wish you the best of luck as you get back into it. :)
  • Circuits definitely do work for me :). That is unfortunately that it caused issues for you! I hope you are all better now! :-/
    I do better following a written plan- I don't take the book with me I have them all written down on notecards and take the necessary card with me that day. I have done 2 of JM's books and also her hot bod in a box, all of which I was really consistent with.
    But like you said, everyone needs their own thing in order to stick to it. I have never enjoyed working out as much as I do when I do circuit training. I will do it at home too, but this one in particular requires gym equipment which is fine by me.
    Funny thing about me is that I can't do videos much cuz I find myself skimping on the workouts. At the gym- I don't skimp one bit. It's all an interesting process finding the right thing! :-D

What do you do that works for you now?
  • Nevermind I just read that you do P90X, which I have done some of as well. I have not done the full 90 days, just videos now and then. But it is REALLY interesting to me that circuit training written out caused arrhythmia but not P90X. Was your fitness level significantly different for each one?
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    I bought the book during a boxing day blowout at Chapters, I have read it and loved it... Still need to put try the program but I liked what Jillian had to say. Also looking forward to starting the 30 day shred dvd pretty quick here as well.
  • I bought the book during a boxing day blowout at Chapters, I have read it and loved it... Still need to put try the program but I liked what Jillian had to say. Also looking forward to starting the 30 day shred dvd pretty quick here as well.

hehe haven't we had this convo? ;) I tried 30 day shred way after I did this one last time and I wondered how it stayed interesting because it is the same 2 workouts each time. But it is a well rounded workout dvd and is excellent to get moving and mix things up around your workouts through out the week. :)
    It just wasn't for me, but I know a lot of people who LOVE IT! :-D
This discussion has been closed.