Snowed in House-any excersices I can do?

Options
I don't have any workout videos or machinery to use and currently we are snowed in the house. I'm still quite heavy and still have back pain and knee pain, but can anybody give me some excersises I can do in the house that will burn some calories? THANKS!!!

Replies

• AnnaleisJ
    AnnaleisJ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Housework!!!!! Boring I know but get stuck in and you'll burn a few!!!!! Doesn;t need to be too heavy :o)
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    put some music on and just dance!
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    put some music on and just dance!

I am with this idea! Find some upbeat tunes and go for it!
  • Pups22
    Pups22 Posts: 14
    Options
    You tube has som good 10 minute clipsof pilates!
  • leahs_faith
    Options
    hey pups thats a great idea! I'll do that! Oh, and not that i'm saying the other two are not good ideas, but we actually got stuck at my mother in laws house when it snowed, so we are stuck here....she won't let me clean her house or play music. She's old and never in a good mood blesss her heart. :) So i just wanted to let ya'll know thank you and i'll be able to use those ideas once we get home, like on a rainy day or something. :)
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    jogging on the spot for half an hour, or walking on thespot for half an hour also youtube has some great 10 min workout clips
  • AnnaleisJ
    AnnaleisJ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hey pups thats a great idea! I'll do that! Oh, and not that i'm saying the other two are not good ideas, but we actually got stuck at my mother in laws house when it snowed, so we are stuck here....she won't let me clean her house or play music. She's old and never in a good mood blesss her heart. :) So i just wanted to let ya'll know thank you and i'll be able to use those ideas once we get home, like on a rainy day or something. :)

Sounds like my Nan, strictly no noise allowed at her house - even subtitles on the TV and as for having a conversation - well as long as it's done quietly it's fine lol :o)
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    if you have stairs, start climbing girl!!!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    as a biggun myself(used to be)now just a medium one lol i would say danceing to your hearts content,it will get easier on the stairs so i would leave them for a little while!
    dance like youve never danced before! :)
    good luck
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Worse comes to worse you could shovel snow. Im sure that would burn alot of calories...Have a snow ball fight while your at it.
  • leahs_faith
    Options
    Wow those are all really good ideas! Thanks! Haha, I was trying to think of stuff earlier, and you know how it is, as soon as you try to think of something...you just can't! LOL! It was frusterating! I don't know why on earth I couldn't come up with shovelling snow you know?! But regretfully, we don't have any stairs. On a good note though, the roads were just slushy enough that we could slide down our driveway (yes in our van! lol) and get to the drier roads and get home. So now i'm at home where things are just how we want them and I can dance to my hearts content with the music on if I want to! LOL!
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    The internet is amazing for finding workout vids. My favorites are shadow boxing or things like Tae Bo. I don't have the money to buy Turbo Fire or Insanity so good cardio vids are like gold.