Need some motivation and advice, please!

Options
I don't get it. I have been logging food for 3 weeks nows. I have been exercising and staying under my calories. I lost 3 pounds and then at this morning's weigh-in, I gained 1.5 back :cry:
Any thoughts out there?

Replies

• sachastanley
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourself? Make sure you just weigh yourself once a week, at the same time on the same scales. Also, bear in mind that you can retain a lot of water when you are pre-menstrual, up to a couple of kilos. You may also be gaining muscle from your exercise if you have increased the amount you normally do. Get a tape measure and take some measurements as you may be losing cms but gaining muscle which is heavier than fat. Hang in there!!! Don't give up!
  • sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    Hi

There are a couple of newbie articles on this forum thread that can explain why you are not seeing expected weight loss.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

One of the reasons can be that as you are exercising you are loosing fat but gaining better toned muscle - muscle weighs more than fat so you are healthier but not loosing as much as expected.

Steve
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are you made it through the Holidays losing a pound and a half AWESOME job :blushing: