anyone use an appetite suppressant??

Options
I dont really care to hear from anyone who is against them as i know the pros and cons. But for anyone who does...what have you found that works??
I have trouble usually the week or two before my period. I do fine the rest of the month. Looking for something to take just on an as needed basis.

Thanks for your suggestions :)

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I honestly used to take some, but none of them actually worked for me which is why I stopped buying them. I think the worst one was the hoodia crap because I swear that stuff made me hungrier!
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    i find a cup of coffee helps me
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I usually find drinking cold water and trying to occupy my mind on something works for me.
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    Green tea for me, stops me reaching for choc!
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've taken prescription diet pills which were recommended by the doctor called Reductil. They definitely worked, I think I lost about 4 kilos in a week and a half at one point from not eating but they have now been banned from my country - Australia - as it contained sibutramine (increased the chance of heart attacks and strokes). As for herbal or non-prescription ones, sorry, can't help you there!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I have tried many many doffernt kinds over the years. It is a trial and error and can be expensive. I would not reccomend them. Most of them DID Not work. What I have found works is eating foods that keep me fuller longer. Around that time I reach for fruit and cottage cheese instead of chips and candy. I dont crave as much since my eating is more clean and balanced.

It is about balance. PS Some of those pills did give me Stomache pains and more then I could tolerate. Buyer be wear. Read up on it and look for people who have posted on the product. I
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I take and currently am on Dream Body Slimming Capsels. i bought them on Amazon and they work amazingly!!:love:
  • CLH00
    CLH00 Posts: 15
    Options
    Green tea works for me! I've started adding cayenne pepper to my herbal teas too. Give a warming, fiery kick to 'em and stops me reaching for the munchies.
  • skeene07
    skeene07 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    A couple of you have commented about green tea...i dont like hot drinks. Do you know if it has the same effects when consumed cold? And also must it be the home brewed type? I like my local diet green tea that comes in the gallon jug....thinking this wouldnt be the same??
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Yeah Green Tea is Green Tea no matter how you consume it! i need to start switch over to that too!!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I usually find drinking cold water and trying to occupy my mind on something works for me.

me too
  • kalypso18
    kalypso18 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can also purchase Green Tea in a capsule form.
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    OXYELITE PRO- I swear by it. It is a bit expensive, but definitely worth it. You can buy it at GNC. Yes, it is a stimulant and needs to be taken with caution. If you have any questions about it, message me.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    A couple of you have commented about green tea...i dont like hot drinks. Do you know if it has the same effects when consumed cold? And also must it be the home brewed type? I like my local diet green tea that comes in the gallon jug....thinking this wouldnt be the same??
    You can also find green tea in capsules. For recommended dosages, it is the only way to reach it.
  • FlashBang
    FlashBang Posts: 136
    Options
    I did, a long time ago, lost a bunch of weight, gained a bunch more for my trouble. It was effortless, that is why it failed. This way back in the day when you could get real drugs over the counter. Change your lifestyle, change your life, it does not come in bottles. The better you eat, the better your cravings will be. When you are hungry you should probably eat, just eat the right amounts and the right stuff. Eat just enough to satiate and you will make progress. Stick to it for just a little while and your will be very proud of yourself. I am sugar addicted, I eat it carefully and do not eat artificial sweeteners, this pulled my sweet tooth.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I love Green Tea and you can drink it cold or hot!!! And a little honey to make it sweeter if thats what you like!!! Its healthy for you and it suppresses my appetite too!!! ;-)
  • imustdecrease
    Options
    If I feel I need to eat more..I exercise more and I really never get hungry..there is a difference in real hunger and just craving something..but if you want to feed your craving make sure you burn enough cals to cover it.
  • imustdecrease
    Options
    I did, a long time ago, lost a bunch of weight, gained a bunch more for my trouble. It was effortless, that is why it failed. This way back in the day when you could get real drugs over the counter. Change your lifestyle, change your life, it does not come in bottles. The better you eat, the better your cravings will be. When you are hungry you should probably eat, just eat the right amounts and the right stuff. Eat just enough to satiate and you will make progress. Stick to it for just a little while and your will be very proud of yourself. I am sugar addicted, I eat it carefully and do not eat artificial sweeteners, this pulled my sweet tooth.

great advice..and so true about fake sugars. they do way more harm than good..try xylitol or stevia..lots of info on the web.
  • fannyanntut
    fannyanntut Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've taken Hoodia which were mildly ok, I've also had prescription Amphetamines but they sent me scatty and have massively dangerous cardiac side-effects.I find eating lean proteins such as tuna keeps me going. I'm also a big tea fiend and for savoury cravings I have a hot mug of Oxo, wierd maybe but only about 19 calories!
  • fannyanntut
    fannyanntut Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've heard that Fennel tea is supposed to be good