edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
Today is 1/11/11. Pretty cool!

Just thought I'd mention it.

Can't wait for November!

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    In England its 11/1/11

Does anyone know why we date differently? Always found that strange.............

But yeah, very cool. And on the 11th of Nov it will look the same no matter what side of the pond :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Canada uses the same as England.
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Smallest to largest, 11th day of the 1st month of the 2011 year. Most of the world does it like that
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Make a wish! I did it on 1/1/11 as well!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Today is 1/11/11. Pretty cool!

Just thought I'd mention it.

Can't wait for November!

Love your ticker-picture, I have the Abbey Road poster on my bedroom wall!
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 2,008 Member
    In England its 11/1/11

Does anyone know why we date differently? Always found that strange.............

But yeah, very cool. And on the 11th of Nov it will look the same no matter what side of the pond :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou:

Early in his career, Elton John had an album that was called 11-17-70. The fan magazines had a picture of one: 17-11-70. I thought somebody messed up. When I realized that was the actual album name in England, I wanted a copy. None to be found over here. I recently bought my CD copy. Still 11-17-70.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Yep, America likes to be different. Mexico and most of South America do it date, month, year too. I have no idea why we do it that way, I just remember getting confused at first in Spanish class in college because I'd never seen it done that way before! :smile: If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense to do it that way, at least to me.
This discussion has been closed.