bodybug

jane77
jane77 Posts: 489
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
anyone have it? why are you here is the food calorie protion not good? how much is the monthly cost for the on line part? do you need the on line paid protion? my polar ft4 not working great off line alot looking to replace Help Thanks

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    I use the BodyMedia FIT (essentially the same as BodyBugg) - I can only speak for the BodyMedia FIT, but the food tracking is not nearly as comprehensive or user-friendly as MFP, plus MFP has the boards and community, which the BodyMedia site doesn't have (I can't imagine BodyBugg does either). I have no problem plugging my total calories into the BodyMedia site at the end of the day, and plugging my exercise calories into MFP - only takes a minute and then I have the information in both places.

The subscription depends on how long of one you pick. I did a year's subscription and am paying $6.99/mo approx. I figure it's not bad - equal to 2 Starbuck's drinks or 1/2 of a dinner out - I'm willing to spend that on a tool that helps me in my weight loss journey.

You do HAVE to have the online subscription - the website is how you download and read the data from your device.
  • jane77
    Thanks for the info anyone else out there with ideas looked at app for iphone seeems like must people are having a hard time with it
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Thanks for the info anyone else out there with ideas looked at app for iphone seeems like must people are having a hard time with it

FYI - if you're worried about being able to use the app, you can just buy the cheaper original version (non-bluetooth) that you plug into your computer to download. It's not quite as convenient, but that's what I do and it works just fine. I don't feel like I need real-time info 24/7.
  • jane77
    thanks for the help
This discussion has been closed.