My new vocabulary...

Options
Had a visit with my doctor about some icky lower back pain, and he looked at my chart and added up my weight loss...

I said "yeah, I've lost some weight'.

and he said something I found very interesting....he said I had "released" the pounds. That they had served their purpose and I didn't need them anymore. Whoa. Powerful. I know that for me, the weight did serve a purpose...it was my shell, my protector, my excuse and my constant companion.

So, let's all "release" those pounds, shall we? We don't need them anymore! I'm still carrying a few more that I can do without. (although I won't know how many until a month from now, as I've answered banks' challenge.)

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Had a visit with my doctor about some icky lower back pain, and he looked at my chart and added up my weight loss...

I said "yeah, I've lost some weight'.

and he said something I found very interesting....he said I had "released" the pounds. That they had served their purpose and I didn't need them anymore. Whoa. Powerful. I know that for me, the weight did serve a purpose...it was my shell, my protector, my excuse and my constant companion.

So, let's all "release" those pounds, shall we? We don't need them anymore! I'm still carrying a few more that I can do without. (although I won't know how many until a month from now, as I've answered banks' challenge.)
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    :happy:

you make it hard for me to not look with great words like those.