High Calorie Burns

Justpeachy78
Justpeachy78 Posts: 45
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello All!

Quick question for ya.

I LOVE to workout, so since starting back to mfp i kinda struggle with eating all my exercise calories back. Yesterday, according to my heart rate monitor, i burned 750. MFP gives me about 1450 to start so thats over 2000 calories i had to devour yesterday...i made it, but my stomach hurt:sick:

My question is, HOW ON EARTH do i eat all those calories back on my kick butt workout days?

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    You're so lucky that you weren't hungry despite the workout. Why ruin a good thing?
    You don't need to eat it all back. The net calories are a suggestion. If you end up burning a lot off, it only means more fat loss for that day.
    (of course, if you'd only eaten 1200 cals and had burned off 750, then it would be a good idea to have a snack of sorts anyway to keep your muscles from atrophying--not too much, just enough to keep you energized)
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Thanks Dragon that verifies what I was doing....thanks. I eat 1210 a day and never eat into the calories I workout, but I know if I am hungry I am ok to do it.
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Chipotle burrito.
  • Try a nutritional shake once and a while

My wife and I use a whey based shake that we buy at a discount club...EAS carb edge

It is only 150 calories and is fairly tasty..comes in vanilla and a chocolate/fudge flavor.

I beleive the cost is less than a dollar per drink if yo buy the resealable bag in bulk size.
  • slimyfishy
    slimyfishy Posts: 114 Member
    Honestly, I'm addicted to cardio. This is only my 2nd week on MFP, but I haven't eaten all of my workout calories on any day. I eat until I'm satisfied. I think the closest I can was within 80 something calories. The farthest was 300. Just realize that you need to fuel your body - NOT starve it. I am a long distance runner and found that my body was in starvation mode because I wasn't fueling it after my long runs. After being here for a week, I was eating WAY MORE than I was before and still lost 4.4lbs.

YOU CAN DO THIS!
    Shan
  • Thanks guys, i will try to eat what i can and not worry about it. I will check out those shakes too, think i have tried the vanilla before and it was tasty.
This discussion has been closed.