Lunch Ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• Calicoskies
    Calicoskies Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    LinDsay, I eat Bush chili beans in mild sauce, I don't like the soupy sauce so I use a slotted spoon to get them out. I dr them with extra chili powder and sometimes diced onion. Very tasty and good fiber and protein for a half cup. I also like the Bush navy beans too, i add thyme, pepper and sometimes diced deli ham. For my tuna I use the ready to eat packets in water, I add dollops each of greek nonfat plain yogurt and lite mayo. I stir in some pickle juice, pepper and parsley if I have it. You can also add chopped egg, onion or celery but I don't like crunchy bits in mine. You can eat a really good size serving and lots of nutrients.
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm eating filled Pitta breads - I have 2 small round wholewheat ones & fill them with salad & boiled egg & some sort of a meat. I usually have them with fruit & water - on the odd occasion I might have a tea. One of these days I'll turn into a Pitta Bread. There are no facilities to heat soup here in work & I never like it from a thermos so I try & avoid heading into restaurants because there is too much temptation so end up with Pitta for lunch every day :drinker: :yawn: it does keep me full but I still get a little peckish about 4pm

PITA BREAD.. Where can you find these?

I'm based in Ireland & find them in most supermarkets - the ones I get are 8 small round ones sometimes they are with the bagels/tortilla wraps