Numbing/tingling toes

2»

Replies

• I have the same problem and I know it's sciatica, I get numbing and pain in my foot especially in between the toes. And it does actually get worse if I wear shoes that are too tight.
  • nomex
    nomex Posts: 142 Member
    this used to happen to me all the time..... try loosening your laces right at the top of your shoe (really loose). That did the trick for me. It is a circulation thing.....
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Mine does this to sometimes its bc your shoes are to tight they need to breathe.
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    I have diabetes. The shoes are new. I only feel the tingling when I'm on the elliptical.

Thanks you for your help! Much appreciated.
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    My feet used to fall asleep while running, went to the local running store and they changed the way my shoes were laced...problem fixed, my feet no longer fall asleep. There is a vein that runs along the top of your foot when pressed too hard will cause your foot to fall asleep. This is how I lace my shoes now:

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/straightbarlacing.htm

That makes sense, I will have to try that also.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    I've worked closely with a podiatrist for this issue. His website is www.nwfootankle.com. It came down to foot flexibility and strength. I do exercises for it and it's worked wonders and made a world of difference for me.
  • I read that on here before and realized i was doing that to. Now I concentrate on keeping my weight evenly distributed and it does not hurt:)
This discussion has been closed.