Hi!

kalnfitz
kalnfitz Posts: 8
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! I just found this site today! Really trying to get back on track and lose this weight (but also trying not to go broke in the process!) This site was a real find! :bigsmile:

I'm 32, and hoping to lose a lot of weight!! Have about 66 lbs to lose unfortunately. :embarassed: I am a big stress eater, and currently have quite a bit of that in my life, between work and family.

I have done weight watchers, optifast, slimfast, no carb, low carb and almost every other diet type plan in the past. Weight has always been an issue for me, and I really think it's hugely the mental aspect that foils me everytime! I need to somehow overcome that!! I have had success before, I actually got to my goal weight, (lost 72 lbs total that time) just a few months before getting pregnant with my 1st.

Since then though life turned into a bit of a rollarcoaster which included the sudden death of my Mom, many pregnancy complications, my oldest sons diagnosis with autism, financial difficulties, job changes/huge workload increases...I could continue, but blah, who needs to get all down right!! ;) Anyway I have just found it hugely challenging to get my "diet mojo" back these last few years. I just can't seem to "stick" to it. :grumble:

Anyway that is a little about me! :smile:

P.S. I wanted to also add that my health is what is most concerning for me. I have a pretty bad family history for blood pressure, heart disease, stroke and diabetes. My Father had a stroke at the age of 46 so of course this really terrifies me. I NEED to be around for a while, need to be there for my oldest especially, so I must find a way to overcome this weight problem and get healthy! I hate the way I look, but more importantly, I HATE more the way I feel!

Replies

• kalnfitz
    Hi everyone! I just found this site today! Really trying to get back on track and lose this weight (but also trying not to go broke in the process!) This site was a real find! :bigsmile:

I'm 32, and hoping to lose a lot of weight!! Have about 66 lbs to lose unfortunately. :embarassed: I am a big stress eater, and currently have quite a bit of that in my life, between work and family.

I have done weight watchers, optifast, slimfast, no carb, low carb and almost every other diet type plan in the past. Weight has always been an issue for me, and I really think it's hugely the mental aspect that foils me everytime! I need to somehow overcome that!! I have had success before, I actually got to my goal weight, (lost 72 lbs total that time) just a few months before getting pregnant with my 1st.

Since then though life turned into a bit of a rollarcoaster which included the sudden death of my Mom, many pregnancy complications, my oldest sons diagnosis with autism, financial difficulties, job changes/huge workload increases...I could continue, but blah, who needs to get all down right!! ;) Anyway I have just found it hugely challenging to get my "diet mojo" back these last few years. I just can't seem to "stick" to it. :grumble:

Anyway that is a little about me! :smile:

P.S. I wanted to also add that my health is what is most concerning for me. I have a pretty bad family history for blood pressure, heart disease, stroke and diabetes. My Father had a stroke at the age of 46 so of course this really terrifies me. I NEED to be around for a while, need to be there for my oldest especially, so I must find a way to overcome this weight problem and get healthy! I hate the way I look, but more importantly, I HATE more the way I feel!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Hello, and WELCOME... this site is awsome... Just follow the guide lines, advice from others and keep up the motivation. I too have struggled with a lot of stuff and my weight has always been an issue, a friend introduced me to this site and im doing well.. SO i say GOOD LUCK and have fun.... :bigsmile:
  • MindyR
    MindyR Posts: 1
    hi. I just joined yesterday and am hoping to loose the last 15 lbs. I have already lost 15 on my own but these last ones are the hardest. It didn't help that my dad passed away last month and having to deal with that has made me put on 5 lbs. Was just looking for some support to loose that little extra I have.
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Hi Kal! Welcome. I joined this website back in January and also wanted to lose 66 pounds. I am now more than half way there so I can tell you that if you stick to it and exercise a bit, you will lose the weight. Of course, there will be weeks that you do everything right and you will not be rewarded with any loss...it happens to all of us...but stick it out and it will pay off in the end! Welcome aboard!
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Welcome to you to MindyR! I didn't mean to leave you out! Good luck to both of you!
  • kalnfitz
    hi. I just joined yesterday and am hoping to loose the last 15 lbs. I have already lost 15 on my own but these last ones are the hardest. It didn't help that my dad passed away last month and having to deal with that has made me put on 5 lbs. Was just looking for some support to loose that little extra I have.

(((((hugs Mindy)))))) I am so sorry for your loss. :cry:

Thanks so much everyone! :) buckeyebabe that really gives me a LOT of encouragement!! Very inspiring, thanks so much! I surely hope to have as much success!
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Warm welcome to you klm!

The support you require...is just a mouse click away.

Thank you for changing your life in a positive way. We are changing together ...to be healthy for life.

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou: I have been here only 3 weeks and I have done a lot of dieting throughout my life . I think I lost more weight then I actually have now ( and I am BIG) but I put it all back on and then some. What I have learned here is that it is a lifstyle change and that you feel good when you eat right and exercise ( had a little mishap last weekend but now I'm back on track:happy: ) There is some great information that helped me a great deal to understand about starvation mode and other things, you might want to check out the posts newbies 2 edition by Banks. I wish you success and if you need anything have a question or just need to vent , post and we will do what we can to help you out. (Now I'm addicted to this website :laugh: )
  • GodzGirl
    GodzGirl Posts: 86
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal ... Wishing you the best! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.