Why I Love My Kinect

sensualgny
sensualgny Posts: 6
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I love my Kinect! I purchased Your Shaped Evolved to conduct an experiment to see if it would be viable solution to my gym membership. I loved it! It was better than any personal trainer I've ever had. There are three types of activities that you can do, fitness training, gym classes and gym games. I especially enjoy the Zen gym classes... I thought the Zen classes were going to be easy but that misconception quickly went out the window along with my gym membership lol.

I thought it couldn't get any better but then I purchased Dance Central -- At this point I am having so much fun I feel weird calling it exercise. It has a workout mode that allows you to enter your weight and then it tracks your calories burned.
There are so many songs to chose from from Pop, Funk, R&B, Reggae to Hip-hop. Plus Harmonix (the developer) adds 4-6 new song every month. For those who say, "I can't dance", don't worry, there is a module called breakdown and it breaks apart all the moves, plus you can slow down a move and repeat it until you get it.

Every time I play Dance Central I try to keep beat my high score for each song and I finally scored 1 million on one of the songs. I play Dance Central 4-6 times a week and I average about 45-60 minutes a day which is typically 400-500 calories burned. Now that I have incorporated in a zig-zag diet plan, the fat is melting away. With the Kinect alone I was losing a pound a week but now that I have combined the Kinect with the ZZ diet, I am losing 1.5-2.5 pounds a day and I feel awesome.

Now the only thing I need is a heart monitor so I can keep track of my heart rate and calories burned. Dance Central doesn't track the calories during breakdown mode and sometime I can spend 2-5 minutes trying to get one move right lol.

Lastly I did some research on the Kinect games that will be released this year and now I am confident I will never get bored with the Kinect. I am looking forward to purchasing the Michael Jackson Experience and Dance on Broadway where you can sing, dance and act in the very best of Broadway musicals, from classics to the most modern tunes. Plus there are other fitness games that I have yet to try but I will use Gamefly to test them out.

I know everyone's journey is different but for me, getting the Kinect was the best purchased I made in long time because I know it is going to change my life.

Happy New years and good luck with your fitness endeavors!
This discussion has been closed.