apple cider vinegar (cooking questions)

Options
I bought a huge 4 litre jug of the stuff and I only know 2 recipies that call for this ingredient (pulled pork and sweet and sour lentils)

What else can I use it for. I'd like to find ways to use it as a salad dressing or on meat of some sort.

ANY SUGGESTIONS/RECIPIES ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Replies

• amycruder
    Options
    It's great in potato salad. Unfortunately potato salad is not the best thing for you and a recipe that has sugar in it is probably worse, but it is the best potato salad I have ever had.
  • heffevuna
    Options
    I use it almost daily on salads. I squeeze a small amount of lemon on a big salad, and add a splash of cider vinegar, then add a small amount of olive oil, and some gourmet large crystal salt from a grinder.

Also, if you make Good Seasonings Zesty Italian dressing from a packet (or regular Italian), i find cider vinegar is the best vinegar to use.
  • wendehaynie
    Options
    it's great on cucs & tomatoes :)
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid my mother would slug a shot back a couple of times per day. One of her zillion of weight loss tricks that ended in epic failure. I would use it in marinades , salad dressing, or a bean salad.
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar is supposed to be amazing for your body. Check out this link: http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm eating some now on my tuna. I put it in chunck light tuna with some chopped celery and onions... LOVE it! Sometimes I just eat it with a fork or on some toast... today it's dark pumpernickle. YUM!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm eating some now on my tuna. I put it in chunck light tuna with some chopped celery and onions... LOVE it! Sometimes I just eat it with a fork or on some toast... today it's dark pumpernickle. YUM!

just a splash?
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar is supposed to be amazing for your body. Check out this link: http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/

I'll check it out thanks!
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    This sounds good.....I may have to try that tommorrow!
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options

just a splash?

I think it depends on your personal taste. I like enough to keep it moist... I'd say a couple tablespoons for me in a small can. Start small then add to taste. I forgot to say I also add sea salt, pepper and a bit of garlic salt.
  • mamagooskie
    Options

just a splash?

I think it depends on your personal taste. I like enough to keep it moist... I'd say a couple tablespoons for me in a small can. Start small then add to taste. I forgot to say I also add sea salt, pepper and a bit of garlic salt.

mmmmm sounds delicious! thanks for sharing!