Dr. Quack

Options
I waited 2 hours for an eye appointment that wasn't really needed because it was related to an eye problem 6 years ago. So as thanks for not making a scene for waiting so long my doctor decided to poke my eyeball. I didn't realize it until the drops wore off and I was in dying pain.
Finally at 3am I couldn't stand it and went to the hospital. Yup he didn't just poke my eyeball, he tore it. Who does that? I was getting a clean bill of health so he went and gave me something else to worry about. I can barely see to type this message, my eye is killing me (tylenol with codine helps) and I can't move much to workout. I just broke through my plateau to.

Thanks for the listen. I should heal in 48 hours but until then I will sit and plot my revenge.
Only plus: It's a beautiful day and I don't have to work (since I can't see). Going out to sit in the sun.

How is your Wednesday?

Replies

• travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    I waited 2 hours for an eye appointment that wasn't really needed because it was related to an eye problem 6 years ago. So as thanks for not making a scene for waiting so long my doctor decided to poke my eyeball. I didn't realize it until the drops wore off and I was in dying pain.
    Finally at 3am I couldn't stand it and went to the hospital. Yup he didn't just poke my eyeball, he tore it. Who does that? I was getting a clean bill of health so he went and gave me something else to worry about. I can barely see to type this message, my eye is killing me (tylenol with codine helps) and I can't move much to workout. I just broke through my plateau to.

Thanks for the listen. I should heal in 48 hours but until then I will sit and plot my revenge.
    Only plus: It's a beautiful day and I don't have to work (since I can't see). Going out to sit in the sun.

How is your Wednesday?
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    That sort of happened to me. I went to my doctor because I had something in my eye that I just couldn't get it to come out. He took a look at it and said he could get it. He put numbing drops in so I wouldn't feel a thing. He went at it with tweezer type things and scraped and scraped to get it off. Finally stops and said, that it must be embedded pretty good and sent me off to a eye doctor. I get there and to her amazement she was like "what the hell did he do to your eye". Come to find out, I had an ulcer ( bump) on my eye, and he made it worse by scrapping the **** out of it.

I couldn't wear contacts for 3 months after that.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    OMG that is awful! :( I hope it feels better soon...take an extra tylenol with codeine for me! lol j/k
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    That's awful! There's almost nothing more uncomfortable than eye pain! Then adding insult to injury by having to hold off on exercising! Hang in there and take care of yourself and hopefully you can jump back on the horse soon. Think of this time off as a "recovery" for your body where you can plunge in full force when your eye is better.
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    That is horrible. I know how uncomfortable that is. I woke up from a school dance once, after wearing a sparkle dress where one got in my eye and under my contact. I went to the ER later and she said it looked like someone had taken sandpaper across my eye and I had pink eye. Keep that codine coming ... it does help ... alot. Good Luck! Hope you feel better soon!
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Hope you heal quickly! A day off exercise to relax and enjoy a beautiful day isn't a bad way to spend time!:happy: just sorry it couldn't be from better circumstances.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    *hugs* :frown:
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

The sun is beautiful. The codeine is fabulous. Recovery in progress.