Dietitians dilemma and delights

jjkkgroff
jjkkgroff Posts: 5
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
This is my first time blogging so please bear with me!
I am a Dietitian who graduated from Oregon State (go Beavers!) I have worked in the field for 25+ years but the last 10 years I took a job as a corporate trainer and traveled all over North America training the company’s product.
I LOVE to travel, entertain, do gourmet cooking and collect wine for my cellar, basically I really enjoy food and wine! All this traveling and eating in good restaurants coupled with lack of exercise and early menopause, really packed on the pounds. In addition, 2010 has been a tough year. My husband and I have both been laid off work, we take care of his elderly parents (94 and 100), my cousin died unexpectedly and a month later my mother also died unexpectedly, these events put me in sadness like I have never experienced, yikes!!! So those are my dilemmas.
My delights will be in my new year’s resolutions, which is not only to lose weight but to become mentally and physically healthy. So this is my journey:

Replies

• kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    What a rough year! Good luck on your journey, I think you have great goals, and this is the perfect place to get started! 2011 will be your year :)
  • Thanks so much for your reply, I'm looking forward to a positive 2011!
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    I am sorry to hear that you experienced such a rough year in 2010!

I wish you lots of success with your goals in 2011 and I hope it holds much happiness for you :)
  • Thank you and good luck to you too!
  • Ahhh ... today is going good, including flax seed helps curb my appetite and I get increased fiber!
This discussion has been closed.