Just returned to the program

Options
I basically am starting all over again. My name is Rachel. I am 26 years old. I have about 60 lbs give or take to lose. If there are any words of encouragement that can be given, I would greatly appreciate it. I am a nurse and live on a large cattle ranch in New Mexico. My life is very physical but I have difficulty with portion sizes and to do real exercise. Looking forward to taking my weight loss adventure with anyone who would like to help me out and I will do likewise.
thanks!

Replies

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to the first (and hardest) step.

Diet is about 80% of weight loss and activity the other 20%. Start with small changes:smile:
  • nbowen1980
    Options
    Little changes I find can make a huge difference. I am new to this site as well and was referred to it by a friend. After the count of what I was eatting I made little changes and it did make a difference. I am down 2 pounds in 1 week and all I did was cut out sweets. So little changes is enough to start with. Good luck and you can do it.
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    You would benefit greatly from this program if you don't leave until you've been in the maintenance mode for at least two years. I see so many people that are experts at losing weight, but fail as soon as they stop using the program. It's because they don't know how to maintain.
  • Thorneapple
    Options
    Hi Rachael!

I would say if you don't already have one, get a food scale. That one little tool was the most invaluable thing when it came to helping me get a handle on portion control. The other big thing was pre-planning all my meals and snacks. I have lost 47 pounds in the last 9 months, and I think you can do it too!