Here's to a new ME!

Options
Hello. My name is Eva. I am determined to start a new routine for myself here. Thru the years, I have let myself go. I am happily married with 6 wonderful kids. They are my world and I want to be around to see all of them grow up. Hoping to get some support and encouragement from people in the same boat. My family is a "big" family. My mother at her heaviest was 399. I never had an issue with weight until the last 3 years or so. I have seen all that my mother has gone through, physically and emotionally. She was only 48 and already suffered congestive heart failure. A few years later she did opt for gastric bypass but unfortunately had some complications and has gained most of the weight back. (she was down to 170) I am hoping this website and everyone here will help me acheive my goal.

3768070.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    welcome!

Im new here as well, but so far the community here is AMAZING.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Hi Eva:flowerforyou:

I've found the community is very supportive! Welcome :drinker:
  • monica208
    monica208 Posts: 229
    Options
    welcome... this is an amazing site... everyone is so helpful and supportive...
  • strawberryangel
    strawberryangel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new here as well.. In fact I just joined today. I was reading your post and I too am from a big family. But fortunately, we have the ability to change our lives. I know WE CAN DO IT!!
  • jeanne1949
    Options
    Hello,
    I retired this year. I have gained 30 lbs. in the last 20 years. I want to get down with a 20 lb. weight loss to start.I know that we need to be honest with what we eat and do for exercise.
    You do have a challenge ahead of you, but what a lovely family. Enjoy those 6 children and make it a family effort to eat healthy and exercise together. Best wishes to you!
  • carmelmin
    carmelmin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome,so far i love this site,I find the people are very helpful.plus its so easy to use..good luck to you:smile: