Spare Calories

Options
Hi Guys

I've just added my exercise for the day into my log and it now says I have 220 calories left

Do I need to use these up or can I leave that many outstanding!?

Just wondering what other people do and whether it is ok to not use them all up?

Thanks! Pip x

Replies

• aardine
    aardine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    eat up to the amount recommended. if you don't, likely put your boby in starvation mode. it will then turn the thermostat down on your metabolic rate.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    as long as you arent hungry and feel ok, its ok to have some spare once in a while.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If I had a small amount like that left, I wouldn't use them. The values entered for your meals or workouts could be off by some so this gives you some leeway.
  • missindepndnt86
    missindepndnt86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the actual answer is, but I usually come in under my calorie goal for the day, but I think that's a good thing. The fewer calories you have, the better... As long as you're not starving yourself or anything.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    What's your calorie goal? If it's 1200, it may be good to eat some of them, maybe 100 or 150. If your goal is higher than 1200, you'll be fine without them.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I have been leaving mine but don't be afraid to eat using them.. You really should eat up to your recommended daily amount. But I agree leave some to spare in case calorie in take is not exact.
  • Pip_K_W
    Pip_K_W Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My recommended is 1200
    I'm not feeling hungry at all, just don't want to slow my weight loss by skipping calories!
    This losing weight is so confusing!! Haha
    Thanks for the answers :0) Pip x
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    put your boby in starvation mode

Hate it when that happens! LOL
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Being under on occassion is fine. Being under the minimum of 1200 per day on a regular basis is not OK. If you aren't hungry, then don't eat them. Maybe tomorrow you can plan to have a few more calories in each meal/snack so that you don't have unused calories leftover.
  • Pip_K_W
    Pip_K_W Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Being under on occassion is fine. Being under the minimum of 1200 per day on a regular basis is not OK. If you aren't hungry, then don't eat them. Maybe tomorrow you can plan to have a few more calories in each meal/snack so that you don't have unused calories leftover.
    Thanks for the tips, I'll try that :0)