Nice to meet you!

Options
:flowerforyou: Hola! I am a 34 year old woman with 25 lbs to lose! I have always been relatively healthy and active and know lots about nutrition and exercise and am looking to get back into form. This last year has been a very rough one, totally uncharacteristic. It started off fine, I ran a half marathon, that's 13.1 miles people!, in Jan. of '10- then things went downhill. I started feeling terrible and gaining weight- 20 pounds in five months. I went to the doctor to discover I had a huge cyst on my thyroid and super low hormone levels. That lead to ultrasounds, biopsies and eventually surgery to remove the giant blob of yuck, fat causing, fluid filled thing. Now I am on medication that will help replace the hormones, but still 25 pounds over weight. I am feeling better, and am ready to reclaim my lifestyle and my body.

I would love support and friends and encouragement along the way and will be all those things in return. Good luck, whether we meet up or not.........................here's to the start of something positive and powerful.

Replies

• wannabehotmomma
    wannabehotmomma Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Sorry to hear that you had such a bad 2010. 2011 is going to be your year! If you could run 13 miles you can lose a little weight! Piece of Cake!! ha! Wish you the best!
  • janebo
    janebo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Glad you are getting back on track. I have 25 pounds to lose. I started our community Pound Plunge on Jan. 6th (it ends the first of April). Actually, two years ago, I lost 23 pounds on the PP, but had gained back 19 pounds by Jan. of this year....so I am determined to do it again because I felt so much healthier then. Myfitnesspal was a source of my success before and it will be this time too. I know YOU can do it too because you are following a good plan. Welcome and best wishes for much success!!!