This is for me. Finally.

Options
After years of trying to lose weight and then gaining it back, I've realized that the reason I haven't been able to keep it off is because I never did it for myself. It was always for my family or to look better for guys. I definitely don't look my weight, but inside, I feel horrible knowing how much I weigh. The lowest weight I've been in the past three years is 139 lbs. I looked and felt great then. Hopefully, you guys will encourage me as I will try to lose this weight and feel good about myself. I'm 20 years old. I should be living my life the way I want to. Thanks!

Replies

• fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Been there~~~done that! Yo-yo dieter for 55 years. You need to commit yourself to maintaining a daily food/exercise diary for the rest of your life. You're very young and I can tell you that you'll be headed down a path to a very unhealthy life if you let up on your program after losing the excess weight.

You will not only pile all the pounds you lost back on, you will definitely add a lot more on top of them and they'll be very difficult to lose again because the body builds INCREASED FAT CELLS when lost weight is re-gained.

You WILL be successful if you stick with the program. One meal at a time/one day at a time.

Claire
  • Ginnyland
    Options
    Good For You!!

I have been a wife since I was your age and a mother since I was getting 22, taking care of my family is my #1 priority!! (And I love that) But along the years I put on weight and forgot to take care of me! :ohwell:

But I started thinking they way you are right now and decided to focus on me for a while and get the weight off. I have lost 23 pounds, but have slacked off the past few months. However, i am getting back on track today!:smile:

I wish you much success on your journey! Just remember to "Stay Focused and Believe in Yourself!!" You can do it!:smile:
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome to the site. This is a great place to start! Good luck to you!
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Concur with Fitzie. You'll need to commit tracking until you get familiar with what's what. This takes a little time, but pretty soon you'll get used to it and not even think about it. Also, make sure you exercise some and get enough sleep. I don't see enough about getting the proper amount of sleep. Lastly, don't kid yourself. Track everything you eat. Also, accept you won't be perfect. We all have bad days. Just accept it and try harder the next day.