Planning your Food Day?

Options
Does anyone else plan their food day in the morning?
I have found myself entering in all of my meals for the day in the morning. I eat, for the most part, the same breakfast and lunch every day. So, I find myself entering all my food for breakfast and lunch that I bring to work in the morning. I use the rest of my calories to plan my snacks and dinner.
Does anyone else do this? Does you find that it helps you stay on track if you plan your meals ahead of time?
I guess so far this is working for me, but curious to other people's thoughts/ideas on how they stay on track for the day.
Thanks group and good luck with your goals!

Replies

• blondie1238
    Options
    I do this sometimes as well, especially if there's something going on in the day that I know will test my will! This makes me think about my calorie intake, and then I know I will have a better chance of staying on track! :)
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Every morning, as I'm making my lunch to bring to work every day, I log it all in, along with any snacks that I've brought and my breakfast. That way, I can adjust my exercise accordingly. Sometimes I walk to and from the train station (about 150 cals each way) and I'll add those in if I'm high on calories or if I know I'm not going to the gym.
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    I either enter it the day before or that morning that way I can plan what meat to take out of the freezer.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I always use my droid through the day to make sure I have enough calories (and carbs) left for the rest of the day. If you wait until you already ate it.... well..... too late!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I log everything usually the night before. I like to see everything there so I know how i'm doing calorie-wise.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it the night before. I wasn't working out for a few weeks and got used to just eating my regular calorie goal. Now that I'm working out again it's hard for me to eat all my exercise calories if I don't plan for them. I have to make sure I eat a big enough breakfast, work in snacks, etc. Today I burned a little more than I expected and I still have to work in 82 calories!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I enter early (and edit as I go from my phone.) For instance, I entered my meals through lunch on Friday (because my life IS that predictable...)
  • lisamt83
    lisamt83 Posts: 119
    Options
    I do every morning!!

I usually plan my lunches out...and on the weekends I prepare all my meals! Helps me stay on track AND save money!!
  • omgsayalathieo
    Options
    I've been doing it a lot lately, so far it really works for me. I complete my food entry in the morning, it kinda sets my day.
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I like the idea of doing it the night before. It definitely keeps me on track. I like using my iphone to make changes in my dinner if plans change.
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    My life isn't that predictable. I do meal planning for the whole week though. I know what we're having for dinner each night this week as I plan, grocery shop & actually do any prep work that I can on Sunday's while my hubby watches football. Lunches are usually the same five or six things ( the fruit or veggie usually changes ). And right now I am on an oatmeal kick for breakfast. I don't enter anything ahead but I usually have a pretty good idea of where I'll come in for the day ahead of time though.
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Morning of.
    I pack my lunch at home and when I get to work I log everything in: breakfast, lunch and what I plan on having for dinner.
    I also know my workouts ahead of time (only the day-of) so I post those as well.
    Knowing breakfast & lunch if I don't know dinner helps me know what I have left over.
    Also, I keep healthy snacks around (almonds, fruit, veggies) so that if what I have isn't enough, I can snack later.